Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
XC-351

Lightbulb Comic Books - When in doubt turn to Ford Forums

Ive came across boxes and boxes of comic books my grandfather collected from the 50s-80s. There some names that ring a bell like The Avengers, Daredevil, Green Lantern, The Mighty Thor etc etc but there are a lot that are Australian and i cant find much info on them such as The Phantom, Walt Disney, The Beano, The Dandy etc..

Is anyone on here a comic book collector or can point me in the right direction of another forum etc? I just want to know what should be boarded and bagged etc etc
Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Comic Books - When in doubt turn to Ford Forums

I collect from a newish comic series called the 'New 52'.
I get The Green Arrow and Batman Detective! Oh and Silver Surfer!

From my past experience they'll be worth ZERO if they're not bagged n boarded..... and throw a set of cotton gloves in their aswell. Even if just for looks.
The biggest thing will be getting the WHOLE collection with every comic INCLUDING any bonus monthlies or special editions that are common.

I once sold a set of immaculate Simpson comics for hundreds on EBay and it was only 1-20ish comics in the run. didn't care what I got at the time....

I use my local comic store to chase any copies I'm missing and they mostly always come thru. "The Daily Planet", Maybe look them up as they're very big!

Oh and keep them out of the sun as much as possible if you want them to stay Smicho! Good luck.....hope that helps!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC-351 View Post
Ive came across boxes and boxes of comic books my grandfather collected from the 50s-80s. There some names that ring a bell like The Avengers, Daredevil, Green Lantern, The Mighty Thor etc etc but there are a lot that are Australian and i cant find much info on them such as The Phantom, Walt Disney, The Beano, The Dandy etc..

Is anyone on here a comic book collector or can point me in the right direction of another forum etc? I just want to know what should be boarded and bagged etc etc
The Dandy and Beano are English and were very popular in the 50's and 60's.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC-351 View Post

XC,

I saw this posting on www.stamporama.com. Hopefully you can use it: https://stamporama.com/discboard/dis...d=14007#104457

John

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #5
XC-351

Thanks for the help, I'm defiantly struggaling to find any half decent information, the majority are Eagle, Lion, The Dandy, The Beano.
So I've sorted:
Eagle - and have from 1954-1969 Volume 1 #10 (i can find the first 9 issues)
The Beano - from 1946-1985
Still sorting the other boxes, I'm just not sure if they are worth anything and worth sorting...