Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
DWC
Starter Motor

Question Cruise buttons

The coast/resume button on my S1 is busted. I don't have a Gregory's manual or anything yet, so how do you get them off.
All I need to do is glue the button back together and reinstall it.
I'm assuming in advance that Ford will bend me over for a new one
cheers

Dave

DWC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure there is screws behind where the buttons are and they should come off that way?
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

You need to remove the airbag using a 5 sided torx bit. Once it has been removed, then there will be two screws holding the buttons on.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
DWC
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
You need to remove the airbag using a 5 sided torx bit. Once it has been removed, then there will be two screws holding the buttons on.
Never pulled one out. I'm assuming that the torx screws are under the plugs on either side of the wheel?
Are the bags easy to get out once the screws are removed or is there more to be done?
Plus, what triggers the airbag? I'm guessing electric pulse so I should disconnect the battery??
Cheers

Dave
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
xftorque
LOW 'N' QUIKK XF UTE

get a pro to remove it, ive seen a shoulder dislocated by an air bag going off while trying to remove it ouch!
xftorque is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
scrivens
quarter pane

Have a look at post #23 in this thread:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post2040024

Covers how I installed CC on my Forte and the first part has the info about getting the airbag off. Check on eBay or the dismantlers - better to buy a new set of switches rather than try and fix the old ones as they'll probably just break again if glued.
scrivens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xftorque
get a pro to remove it, ive seen a shoulder dislocated by an air bag going off while trying to remove it ouch!
Not an issue as far as I am aware. I've done a few and I've never seen it happen before.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as long as the battery is disconnected for 5min before ya take the airbag off it will be all ok.....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post