Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
tick6vct
AU-XR-S3-VCT

Default Removing seats in order to remove carpet?

Hi all

due to yet another rear wheel bearing issue my xr is confined in the garage until i can fund to fix it or arrange warrenty repair.

in the mean time seeing as its just sitting there i want to remove the carpet in order to do the audio install properly and also to try and clean a milk spill out thanks to a certain someone!

iv searched technical resources and had another search through the forums im eaither blind or theres not much info on this procedure. Before i do it myself anything i should know? apparently the back seat is very dificult to put back in? iv got time on my hands at the moment so i dont care if it takes a day or so to do

Old 18-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Nah, easy as. Just buy a Torx set, and you can remove seats, seat belts, etc. A few handy screwdrivers and you can take out the centre console and all of that stuff. Takes a little while, but works well. I removed the seats first, then the centre console, then the seat belt anchor point on the floor, and the scuff plates and trims near the doors. Take your time, it's great when you put it all back together again!

So in answer to your question, nothing out of the ordinary, and easy but time consuming.
Old 18-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^^^ What he said, it is pretty easy to do, just take ya time

This is what i found under my carpet when i pulled it out

11 years of dirt and grim and suprise suprise no rust

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
tick6vct
AU-XR-S3-VCT

easy thanks fellas ill get stuck in tommorow arvo
Old 18-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now in the pic u can see a box in front of the tbar, now that was a pain in the *** to get the carpet out and back in, because beside the box is 2 brackets which hold the dash up

it was a huge pain getting the brackets bent out far enough to get the carpet out

So what i did was cut the old carpert down the middle of the Trans Tunnel, becuase with the console in place u wont see the huge cut and it was then easy enought to get it out around the box, brackets and the tbar

This enabled me to get the new carpert back in easyer as i did the same cut, along the Trans Tunnel section

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 18-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also for got to mention, dont cut the carpet beyond the console it self lmao

Old 18-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Oh yeah, forgot about the carpet. Yep, I had to cut it too, perfectly normal and you'll never see it anyway.
Old 18-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
adrian k
adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordbaghia
Just buy a Torx set
an allen key works just as well, can't remember what size, but it works a treat.
T3 TS50 #17 275kW
AU3 XR8 SVP 220kW
adrian k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
Cadge

I pulled out the interior of my car and replaced everything with leather and cleaner carpet. Took me about 7-8 hours, without rushing. I found having a drill with an attatchment made it so much easier than using a socket.

Did anyone else have to get those stupid star sockets? or is there another way to get the star bots out (ones holding seats and seatbelts down)
Old 19-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

As adrian k said, you can use an allen key. But I recommend the torx set, I've used mine so many times since I bought them. Supercheap is where I got em, FYI.
This user likes this post: