Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
tgmor
Lone Ranger

Default AUII Futura rear power window fault. Help

My wife lowered the rear drivers side window with a kiddies sun visor suction cup still stuck to the window, this jammed the window.

I pulled the door trim off & removed the jammed article but the window will not work from its switch or the master on the drivers door, all other windows are fine.

I removed the wires connected to the motor & applied an independant 12VDC source, I can make the window go up & down by reversing the polarity so I know the motor & regulator are fine.

Question: What component has failed in the circuit for just this door to stop working? Is there a circuit breaker or fuse just for each door individually?

Any help would be appreciated.

tgmor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Haha, my wife did the exact same thing in ours!

If you can get the reg to work by hooking up an independent powersource, I'd say it's the window switch.

They tend to get dirt and crap stuck under the contacts, which stops it working. There's a really helpful tech doc around here somewhere on how to disassemble and clean the switches, so I'd be giving that a go.

Good luck!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
tgmor
Lone Ranger

Thanks for the info private9. I have considered the switch option but due to the fact that it doesnt work from the drivers button either & only failed at the time it was jammed by the foreign object I thought something else must have failed in the circuit.

I didnt want to start pulling apart both switches yet & find out it is something else.
Old 13-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmor
Thanks for the info private9. I have considered the switch option but due to the fact that it doesnt work from the drivers button either & only failed at the time it was jammed by the foreign object I thought something else must have failed in the circuit.

I didnt want to start pulling apart both switches yet & find out it is something else.
My window switches in the back play up when they're dirty, and when they do, it also stops them working from the driver's button.
Old 13-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep the front switch runs via the rear switches so if the rear switch is unplugged they will stop working.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #6
tgmor
Lone Ranger

I will get on the job of cleaning the rear switch & see how I go thanks.
Old 13-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
tgmor
Lone Ranger

Well it worked a treat. I dismantled the rear switch & while it was very clean inside there was some heavy burn marks on all contact surfaces. I just scratched them up with the tip of a small screwdriver reassembled the switch & it is like new.

Thanks to all who replied to my post the info is gold.
Old 13-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Good stuff mate! It's always great when you're able to hop on here, get some info and fix your car easily and cheaply (or in the case for free!)
Old 13-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #9
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Well done mate... i was going to suggest the same thing.. but i was running late :P

Now that you know how to take them out... you can now tackle replacing the bulbs for LED's :P