Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
djmaker

Default Hoon Laws got me....

Well last night on the monash about 2km from burke road exit highway patrol clocked me doing 127.... now fair enough i admit that i was doing 127 and i openly admited that to the officer when he asked how fast i was going i said around 130km before i saw the radar and at no point did i try to get my self out of the fine.... but then this cop turns around and says yeah i clocked you doing 127 but when i was behind you tailing you for 1km with my lights on you where doing 150 *note who does not notice a police car behind them with the lights on for more then 1km at the supposed 150km speed*????... at this point i stated that i belive i was doing 130km and i was not doing 150km as he was suggesting... but he came back with a reply saying the laws of physics state that if i leave a safe enough distance between you and me i can tell what speed you where doing and you where doing 150km... i continued to plead that i was not doing 150km but he would not listen.... so eventually after 10min he came back to my car saying under the new hoon laws he will be inpounding my car for 48hours and i will be summond to court for dangerous driving for exceeding the speed limit over 45km.... now firstly i have to pay a $390 fine to get my car out of inpound thats number one.... number 2 if found guilty i have a cancelation of licence for minumum 12months... now even after stating that he had no physical evidence of me doing 150km and i stated this to the other officer that rocked up as well... they still wouldnt listen and inpounded my car leaving me stranded in a place i didnt even know telling me basically find your own way home and not even allowing me to use there mobile to contact a family member as i had no money what so ever on me.... now all im asking is im not pleading guilty to this charge as i didnt do the speed he is saying ill take the 127km i dont care thats what i was doing but 150km is just bull **** and i think they just wanted to catch some one for the new law.... now do i have any chance in court with the circumstances i have will his word of saying i follwed him doing 150km hold up cause thats just saying any cop can say the offender was doing any speed and get away with it i just think its bull ****.

djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

bad luck there... was only a matter of time before someone gets done .. you get good cops and you get bad cops i suppose...

are you on your p's? how did you get home in the end?

i don't think you have a chance of getting out of the 150 .. but if they have you on radar for 127 i think that is what you will only get done on... though it's their words against yours.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Step one. Write EVERYTHING down. NOW. Take it to a cop shop NOW, get it signed by a police officer as a witness, label the doccument a Statutory Decloration. The quicker you act on this the more favourable any judge will look upon your case. Did you get the badge numbers, names and stations of the two police officers on the spot?

The longer you leave things the worse things will get for you.

unfortunatly the HUGE hole in these laws is the line where an officer can "reasonably suspect" something, leaving it wholy upto the officer in question's judgement rather than a set "figure."

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
djmaker

i have only had my ps for 1month and it ended up being about a 4hour wait all up i got pulled over at 7.30pm and got picked up at 11pm when my cuzen came down to pick me up..
Old 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

Tough luck buddy. I guess the underlying message here is to do the speed limit.

I'm not sure how lenient a court will be, but they don't have evidence so I don't know how you'll go there.

Do what Walkinshaw said and go from there.

Good luck.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
micksta

damn man thats bad luck ...

good luck and i hope u get those bastard cops for lying.

i got pulled over for doing nothing on monday .. so yeah.

my respect for them has gone down.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaker
now do i have any chance in court with the circumstances i have will his word of saying i follwed him doing 150km hold up cause thats just saying any cop can say the offender was doing any speed and get away with it i just think its bull ****.
Judge will look more favourably upon the police's word than yours unfortunatly.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
djmaker

the officers name,badge number and station is all on my inpound notice that is all they gave me just an inpound notice stating where my car is held and when to pick it up and how much $$$ its going to cost me..
Old 05-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaker
the officers name,badge number and station is all on my inpound notice that is all they gave me just an inpound notice stating where my car is held and when to pick it up and how much $$$ its going to cost me..
Double check it's the same officer :Reverend:
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

perhaps go speak with a solicitor and maybe they can give you some advice
Old 05-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #11
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

its not bad luck really its been all over the papers and tv Sorry to say it but i think your F$$KED BIG TIME

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #12
FordFan86
meow

Unfortunately he's a cop and you are not.
Secondly, I'm going to take the opposite stance to everyone here.
P plates for 1 month and already OPENLY ADMITTING ON A PUBLIC FORUM that you were going 130k? That's 20k over the limit minimum. EDIT: It is my understanding that P platers are limited to 100k, no matter what the signed speed is. This is one of the 5 or so conditions in which a breach of = loss of licence instantly. You bigger having just got your P's you should know this.

Last edited by Laminge; 05-07-2006 at 08:36 PM.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
LukeyBAXR6
BA XR6

Either way, it's a cop rorting the system.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #14
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Yes that's quite a predicament.. here's my response:

1) I don't think there was anyone in Victoria who has some form of communication medium, eg telephone, television, internet, radio etc who didn't know police were going to be going on a rampage from july 1st. Therefore the situation is blatantly self induced. I'm not having a go at you, just saying it wasn't the best move. I know they said there would be a 45km/h tolerance before speeding was considered hooning, and impoundable, but floating within the tolerance level isn't your best option..

2) I wasn't there so i couldn't say what speed you were doing, but if you were honestly 'only' doing 127 then do as others have said, write it down in a statuatory delcaration, and have it witnessed by someone of community standing, eg Chemist, Doctor, Lawyer, Police etc. Bear in mind that you must be accurate on this paperwork as you can be done for perjury if you're bending the facts. You will then be able to pursue the matter leading up to your court date. What was the limit there ? 100 or 110 ? If it was 100 then 25+ over is loss of license anyway, can't recall the period, maybe 1 month.

3) Unfortunately being only on your P's for 1 month, you won't have much of a leg to stand on in court, as in the law's eyes, statistically new P-platers tend to test the limits more than most people will, with the new found privellige of driving and all. Do the groundwork, sign the stat dec, do all your homework, research precedent cases on the net, even though this basically is a precedent case with the new laws..

I wish you the best of luck, but it may be advisable to hire a good lawyer.

Cheers.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #15
GRNKPR

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEF

He didnt cause much atention to himself doing 130 kph did he ??????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 05-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #16
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I hope we have learned a leason here???.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #17
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Don't stop for christmas trees?
*this is a joke*
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEF
How so?? He admitted he was doing 127km/h ... It is about time the police had some power other than the hip pocket to try and pull people into line

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I have. It is:

Take care of yourself. And each other.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #20
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Thats the sort of bull**** i'm worried about, it's just gay.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #21
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I have. It is:

haha.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #22
GRNKPR

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I have. It is:

you forgot"""" WORLD PEACE""""""

Old 05-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #23
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Thats the sort of bull**** i'm worried about, it's just gay.
why ??

The only thing about the laws that is frustrating ME, is every time i go to Epping Plaza, which is basically every night, (we're hopeless with planning ahead) there are cops lurking around the carpark, defecting people while they're not even there.. Waiting til they come out. Then trawling up to the Hungry Jack's car park, doing some more there, then back again. They have been cruising around the carpark in marked cars with no lights on.. giving me the heeby jeebies, even though i haven't even done anything. But my car is bright green with black wheels, so hey i must be a hoon! Haven't been using the car much lately. All that frustrates me is, where were they in the past, suddenly it's like christmas for them, and a lot of people i know have been unfairly done by.. defected for scratched seat belts, dim interior lights etc. Anyway off topic, back to the speeding issue...............
Old 05-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #24
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
why ??

The only thing about the laws that is frustrating ME, is every time i go to Epping Plaza, which is basically every night, (we're hopeless with planning ahead) there are cops lurking around the carpark, defecting people while they're not even there.. Waiting til they come out. Then trawling up to the Hungry Jack's car park, doing some more there, then back again. They have been cruising around the carpark in marked cars with no lights on.. giving me the heeby jeebies, even though i haven't even done anything. But my car is bright green with black wheels, so hey i must be a hoon! Haven't been using the car much lately. All that frustrates me is, where were they in the past, suddenly it's like christmas for them, and a lot of people i know have been unfairly done by.. defected for scratched seat belts, dim interior lights etc. Anyway off topic, back to the speeding issue...............

if its Christmas for them deprive them of presents :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug

Old 05-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #25
EFFalcon
Last warning

i had my LPG tank tested yesterday, while i was speaking to the guy who runs the joint, he said they've had 12 cars come in to get stuff done to clear roadworthys etc, 12 cars into a small mechanic in a small town since those laws came in, he said for me to be careful.

we should just give cops the power to shoot hoons
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #26
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
if its Christmas for them deprive them of presents :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug
yeah - maybe a respray is in order... drab colour suggestions anyone ?!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #27
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
why ??
Because it's the cops word against ours, they can do anything, as shown above.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #28
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What was the posted speed limit.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #29
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Because it's the cops word against ours, they can do anything, as shown above.
yes but in regards to the speeding, there was an admission of guilt.. the actual speed is not for me to say. People sitting still in a car park getting done for tiny little RWC issues, dim rego plate lights etc, is over the top.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #30
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

well i don't think getting accused of doing 150kmh when clearly detected at 127kmh is good... something wrong with the bad cops, only if they were all good... heh