Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default EF/EL XR6 Cluster

Anyone got a pic of the EF/EL XR cluster?

I assume they are the same, I just want to see what they look like. I have to change a bulb behind mine and while I was pulling it out I figured I might do a useless custom thing.

Of the top of my head I remember there being a tickford wings logo on the tacho.

I plan to do a similar thing, have the wings on the tacho side, and the ghia badge on the other, in white so it blends in with the rest of the cluster.

Cheers guys.

Oh also, does anyone know where I can get the tickford sticker? Or is it painted/stenciled on?

• 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Not sure this might be the cluster your looking for?
[IMG][/IMG]
obviously without the fpv logo
EdFairmontGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ah kinda....looking for the stock XR version (which I think have blue backgrounds, but the colour doesn't matter).

What I want to do is get some custom place to make some small sticker that look like the factory ones, well atleast the tickford logo anyway.

I want to keep my orginal cluster backing.

Thats not bad though, but the white background atleast ties in with your duco. Where your FPV logo is, is where I want my tickford wings, and on the other side I want the ghia badge (which Ill get a pic of in a sec, everyone knows what it looks like though).
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

EF XR = Same as high series EF cluster. Plain black, with white writing, oil/battery/temp and fuel, with a speedo/tacho.

EL XR = Light brown(?) with orange writing/dials, with a tickford logo on the speedo.

They are different.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
EF XR = Same as high series EF cluster. Plain black, with white writing, oil/battery/temp and fuel, with a speedo/tacho.

EL XR = Light brown(?) with orange writing/dials, with a tickford logo on the speedo.

They are different.
Well not by much, either way, I thought they where blue, but if there light brown (like mine, Ive got cappa so I thought that was why mine is brown) then thats ever better, I might just do a swap.

Its a pic of the logo and its placement etc that I am after.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58

They are different.
EF XR was black faced dials whereas EL was a dark grey with a different font for the numbers. Both have Tickford wings in the middle.

Polyal, get yourself the logos you want made up out of vinyl, stick them on to some colour perspex etc and cut a hole in the middle of the dials. Then stick it together and that way when you turn the lights on the bits in the middle will light up too.

Other way you can do it is to get a JPEG made up of the cluster as you want them and have a signwriter etc print them onto perspex so it's all one piece. I think I may even has some EF dials floating around here that you can have if you want to mess round with them and not stuff your stock ones up.