Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Blueoval is back.....

From where? you say....

Not from where, but from what?

Yes those that know me or know of me, know I sold my EBXR8 to replace it with a 2000 MY01 subaru liberty wagon. That was in 2004. While I havent physically gone anywhere, I didnt feel like I belonged anymore. Not having the ford meant not having anything in common with you guys. I still would contribute but didnt feel like I had the credentials to comment so to speak. I may have spoke a few words in haste saying I would never step back into a Ford again. Sounds weird I know. Well things have changed.

Well as of early this week, I, Blueoval will be back in a ford!!!!

What ford, you say?

To be exact, a 2000 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura, 109,000kms, LPG in meteorite. Some of you peeps may have seen my thread about it and its credentials. I have pics here in this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post2005700

While it may not be exciting for you who are reading, its certainly exciting for me to FEEL like Im back and amongst some of the best members forum this country has to offer.

Ford's baby, OH YEAH!

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Welcome back mate. Pics please.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Thanks mate. Click on link provided. There are quite a few pics on page 2.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 24-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Sorry my bad. How did i miss it !!! Very nice mate.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Glad to see you took the plunge and bought the car. Don't feel left out that you don't own a Ford. You have in the past and know the pros and cons and can give an honest opinion on these cars.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 02:25 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Congrats, the AUII 75th Models are definately nice cars!!! Not too many around in that condition.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

congrats mate, welcome back

its a great place to be

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #8
boss-290

Pffft! You don't need to drive a Ford to be on FFA!!!

Do you? :
boss-290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Gotta love an AUII in meteorite...:

Welcome back. Although I agree you didn't have to leave.
Old 24-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Welcome back Shav, about time too :P
Old 24-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #11
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so i guess the next question, what mods have you got planned?
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
From where? you say....

Not from where, but from what?

Yes those that know me or know of me, know I sold my EBXR8 to replace it with a 2000 MY01 subaru liberty wagon. That was in 2004. While I havent physically gone anywhere, I didnt feel like I belonged anymore. Not having the ford meant not having anything in common with you guys. I still would contribute but didnt feel like I had the credentials to comment so to speak. I may have spoke a few words in haste saying I would never step back into a Ford again. Sounds weird I know. Well things have changed.

Well as of early this week, I, Blueoval will be back in a ford!!!!

What ford, you say?

To be exact, a 2000 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura, 109,000kms, LPG in meteorite. Some of you peeps may have seen my thread about it and its credentials. I have pics here in this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post2005700

While it may not be exciting for you who are reading, its certainly exciting for me to FEEL like Im back and amongst some of the best members forum this country has to offer.

Ford's baby, OH YEAH!
You taken a huge step backwards from the Suby :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #13
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
You taken a huge step backwards from the Suby :

It takes a special kind of man to love a suby
Old 25-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #14
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Thanks to all who have commented. Nice to know I have the support.

To all those who have asked, I know i didnt leave so to speak but not owning a ford felt like I didnt have much in common apart from past knowledge. But thats a small issue on my part that I felt was important.

As far as mods are concerned, I know what I would like to do but may not due to a few reasons which I will explain to also answer the critics.

I know I dont have to explain myself to anyone on here, but I feel I have nothing to hide and I regard most of you members as friends in a way so I will let you guys know why I chose to go down this path so its clear.

About 3 months ago, my mum send me an email (I dont know why as she has my number) and in this email it says that she didnt want to talk to me directly and thought this is the best way to let me know that she has serious brain tumours that the doctors have found and they have given her 6 months max to live!
As you could imagine I was in hysterics and panic and terribly upset so I immedeiately tried to call her but she never picked up her phone.
Your probably wondering what this has to do with the car, well I'll get to that. My mum has been seeing a naturopath in QLD for the past 25years who has treated her and in mym eyes has kept her alive longer than what she should have lived. She see's this naturopath up to 3 times a year, sometimes more. Its a financial burden and its a tiring trip.
Now with this recent tumor find, this naturopath friends of ours said its not safe to fly over as the altitude can affect the growth of the tumour in a bad way.
I felt as my responsibility, to try and help where I can.
This is where the decision of buying the ford came up. Now your thinking, why a ford?
On top of this terrible news of my mother, I also have debt that I have been trying to get out of for quite some time. This has been weighing us down and we have only been able to stay afloat barely.
Ths subaru was always a good car, superior in car build and excellent resale. While it was the most reliable car I have ever owned, to me, its not the type of car I would consider driving on a long interstate drive. it would handle it fine, but being an auto 2L AWD, it struggled to overtake large road trains, and frankly wasnt as economical as a 4 cyl should be. Plus the ride is a bit harder and the interior isnt suited for long trips IMHO.
These are the main reasons why I thought, well why not go for something else. At first well I could get another loan an buy something newer. Your probably thinking that would be the smarter choice. To me it is, but to my wife it wasnt. She was against me getting another car loan fullstop. Thats another story to tell some other time. She said she didnt want another loan due to our current financial state. I thought well yeah that would be a wiser thing to do. That didnt leave me with much choice though.
What were those choices? Mitsubishi? Holden? Toyota? or Ford? Well for for me the decision was easy, it had to be a Ford, I know the fords, I knew I had a great site to ask any questions and I knew what to look out for. Plus I was an enthusiast.

Am I going backwards? yes as far as car brand is concerned. But will I be in a better position? I feel i will for my mum's comfort for starter, and with the sale of the subaru I will get money back to help pay debts. The hardest part was finding the best Ford I could find. Thats when I found this one.

You probably think that I could have gotten away with driving the Subaru, perhaps I could have, thats in heinz sight, I still would have debt to my name. For me, I feel like Im trying to make the right choice not just for my mum, but for me also. Its been the hardest decision to make.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can understand what you mean by not being the best for long trips. It gets to be a pain after 2hrs in my car. Fun to drive but hella uncomfortable :

Been thinking about getting a Commodore or Falcon but I think I might just wait a bit.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #16
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I can understand what you mean by not being the best for long trips. It gets to be a pain after 2hrs in my car. Fun to drive but hella uncomfortable :

Been thinking about getting a Commodore or Falcon but I think I might just wait a bit.
it just depends on what you need one for. If it wasnt for the special circumstances, I think I wold have kept the subaru. They are a good car, but not really suitable for australia's country roads. That just from my personal experience though. Bring on the ford!

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #17
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well mate, from what you've said, I think you've made the right decision for both you and your mum.

Aside from any brand loyalty, you have to look at the financial, personal and logistic reasons behind a decision. If it puts you in a better position financially, then you've made a good choice. And of course the benefits of a large comfortable sedan on a long trip, cannot be denied, especially with your mum.

On that front, I can say that you and your mum have the support of every AFF member.

A family we are, unified under one blue oval. Best of luck with all your affairs.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #18
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

^^here here^^ Welcome backand allthe best Shav

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave
Well mate, from what you've said, I think you've made the right decision for both you and your mum.

Aside from any brand loyalty, you have to look at the financial, personal and logistic reasons behind a decision. If it puts you in a better position financially, then you've made a good choice. And of course the benefits of a large comfortable sedan on a long trip, cannot be denied, especially with your mum.

On that front, I can say that you and your mum have the support of every AFF member.

A family we are, unified under one blue oval. Best of luck with all your affairs.
You dont realise how much comments like this mean to me. Its great that you can understand.
Like I said, I didnt have anything to hide and Im not looking for an excuse, but I needed to make the right choice. This just seemed the logical one. I thought I'd shed some light as some here didnt realise why I 'went backwards' so to speak.
Im just glad I waited and didnt throw money at anything which could have easily happened.

Thanks again for your kind words. ;)

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

As long as it has a Blue oval on the front of it, your one of us truley again dude lol!
Old 25-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #21
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Good to see you back in a Ford Shav and good to catch up with you again at Clipsal. So what merchandise did you end up getting? I'm assuming something Triple 8 as that's where we bumped into each other.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #22
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Good to see you back in a Ford Shav and good to catch up with you again at Clipsal. So what merchandise did you end up getting? I'm assuming something Triple 8 as that's where we bumped into each other.
haha, yeah was good to catch up Eamon. i ended up getting a grey 888 polo for me, a black size 1 t-shirt for my 6 month old nephew, 1 grey vodafone cap and 1 black lowndes cap. I also seem to spend cash on the clipsal for some reason. Still I save hard for it so why not.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
As long as it has a Blue oval on the front of it, your one of us truley again dude lol!
lol. thanks matey!

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #24
red_hotxr6
Banned

AAh very nice and welcome back..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #25
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave

Outstanding comments here.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #26
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Pffft! You don't need to drive a Ford to be on FFA!!!

Do you? :
i don't think so you just gotta love them
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #27
gngtho
Banned

welcome back mate.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #28
blueoval
Critical Thinker

lol. thanks fellas. ;)

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 26-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #29
XR8putts

I'm not going to welcome you back because as far as I'm concerned you never left

You've a made a great decision and for even better reasons.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #30
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
I'm not going to welcome you back because as far as I'm concerned you never left

You've a made a great decision and for even better reasons.
haha. Your right mate. You'd know Im very regular in the pits section.

Thanks for your support.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8