Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #1
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default roof racks for ED's?

sorry if this is in the wrong area, but i'm not too sure where it should go

long story but i may be needing a removable roof rack to go at the back of the roof on my ED sedan in the near future

problem i see is that theres no real place to mount a conventional roof rack to, so what are my options?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

pretty sure i got a set of roof racks from my ED in the shed somewhere...collecting dust....

uh if i remember correctly they clip into where the door frames are...if you get what i mean
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gutterless racks are made to suit. Rola's will set you back a tidy sum but there are other brands. Actually, there are some for sale on EBay now - 120126070426 ends at 9 pm, currently at $49.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Skooter

Yeah I had rola's on the wagon, they just sort of clamp onto the door frames as mentioned above. But these things aren't made to carry huge amounts of weight, what are you planning to carry?
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #5
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

atm just a set of high mounted stop/tail/indicator repeater lights and a flashing beacon
Old 05-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
atm just a set of high mounted stop/tail/indicator repeater lights and a flashing beacon
Wow that should look impressive..

/sarcasm

???
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

site requirement to get light vehicles on some minesites, its to do with my job, anyone who thinks it's to look cool has some serious issues
Old 05-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
site requirement to get light vehicles on some minesites, its to do with my job, anyone who thinks it's to look cool has some serious issues
I reckon it would look cool, and my 4 y.o twins would too "Look daddy - that man's got police lights on his car!"

ProRack make removable ones - they're around $120 or so from Supercheap, and just clamp onto the inside of the door frame. Around 2 minutes per bar to fit.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post