Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
Pistonbroke

Default 6 stack in dash CD Player

I've read here that this unit is a common problem with the Au's. Not sure if that makes me feel any better. Anyhoo, my unit gave up the ghost and wont play any discs. When I turn the unit on, it goes to play a disc then turns off straight away.

Q. Is there any way of getting my CD's out of the unit, or do I need to take it to an audio place and pay someone?

Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Pull the head unit out, remove the top cover and you should gently be able to remove the cd.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
beaky41
AUII Fairmont Ghia

as above remove unit remove front face (2 screws on side) remove top plate (screws on back) youll prob see one disc not lined up (the centre holes) use finger to wiggle discs so all line up re power up unit and press eject button keep repeating untill all out
beaky41 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
Pistonbroke

Cheers!!! I'll give it a go.
Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
lewstung
Starter Motor

I had a similar problem - the cd's wouldn't play or eject and when I wanted to listen to the radio, it would try play the cd's again and flip back to CD mode. I booked it into my local audio place to get fixed and they sent it back to ford to get fixed. I thought this would be a simple procedure but apparently it required replacement. This would be $370 they said. Disgusted with this but needing a stereo, I asked them to do it but to send the old one back aswell in case I could somehow fix it myself and flog it on ebay or something. They said that's not how it works buddy, we keep the old unit to be fixed up for somebody else and you get a refurbished unit. If you want to buy a totally new one of these the bloke said it would be over $2000... what the hell??
lewstung is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

lewstung ...................... sounds like u got stung ! :( - The original untits suck , what good is a cd player these days if it doesnt play mp3 ! .. as mentioned above by others - was prolly all that was wrong with it !.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
buickman
buickman

I'am not that tech savey when it comes to music formats.
But I've had no problems with the series 1 stacker in the boot plus it plays the downloads of the net with no problems but I hired a Toyota Camary last year for a few days & it would not play some of the downloads that my AU could.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Pretty much all music downloads of the net these days is in MP3 format , too large to download otherwise , which makes me wonder if the stacker in your boot is capable of playing mp3 format. If its just standard cd format and wouldn't play in another car, then its prolly just the media/cd type its been recorded onto .
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
No Judge
That's Numberwang!!!

lewstung, uve gotta b kiddin me!!! my au2 fmont ghia 'premium sound' stacker has just recently done the same thing. i rang ford today and they said it would need 2 b replaced but wouldnt tell me how much.... & because my fmont has factory sat/nav aswell, removing the head unit is a difficult task. ill keep trying, but i might as well but an aftermarket double-din unit if its gunna cost me that much.

thanks for the heads up on the cost tho......
No Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post