Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Anyone got 5.25" speakers in front doors of EF?

Just wondering if anyone has got 5.25" speakers in the front doors of their EF? I know the whole is for a 6" speaker, but I'm wondering if I cut out an MDF spacer, could I use that to mount the speaker?

If anyone has done this, would appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
galapogos01
eec tweaker

use 6mm mdf, make sure its sealed well, and it will work...

but why would you, if you could put 6" (or 6.5", with a little cutting) in there?

personally, i have a 6mm MDF blanker... my real speakers wont fit!! haha...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I have 6.5's splits also, but the 5.25's are a much higher quality so would prefer them in the front with the 6.5's in the back.

I'm wondering though, would 6mm MDF spacers cause the speakers to foul on the door trim or is there enough clearance?

If it sounds unbalanced, I can always swap them around (and hopefully use the same spacers that I make for the doors).
Old 26-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Well I got them in today!

Ended up making some spacers out fo 6mm MDF and these sit the speakers perfectly! The 5.25's did actually fit without the spacers but there was a slight gap around the speaker and I figure it will sound better with no gap and mounted on MDF.
Old 26-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
illusivedreams

:eclipsee_ MDF always improves the sound quality in my opinion...Im not a big fan of mounting to metal

Good Job... I still have the stock splits in my fairmont
illusivedreams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Thanks, yeah I reckon it does tend to sound a fair bit better as well!

I might give the back speakers a go tomorrow as well. I've got a pair that do drop straight in even using the standard screw holes, but I might see if there's any space to drop them in on an MDF spacer. Only thing is I wanna use the grills from the standard speakers to keep things looking factory.
Old 27-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #7
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

i have 5.25's in my front doors. screwed em straight in, no spacer required

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post