Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
Sloth

Question Anyone with NL repeaters on their EB/ED?

Grrrr! I tried putting some on my car last weekend and failed miserably. I cut off half of one of the clips becacause it wouldnt fit past the inside of the guard on the left when I put it in (see photo 1), then it didnt even sit flush because the guard moulding seems to have bowed inwards slightly (see photo 2). Can someone please tell me how you fitted them or if they had a similar problem so the $86 I spent on them doesnt go to waste. :

Old 18-09-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Most people go AUIII clears. I'm guessing maybe filling the gap with some kind of cement that can be touched up with paint would be the best way to deal with the NL repeaters?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:11 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

what you could do is get a pair of EA mouldings. series 2 S pack will have the red stripe.

as they never had the repeater you can cut a new hole thats just the right size for that repeater.... then stick it on with double sided tape...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

^^why not just cut out more of the existing mouldings?

sloth: is there a rubber seal thats meant to go around the repeater?thats might fill in the gap. im pretty sure iv seen NL repeaters on EB's before.

how do BA repeaters go on them? do they fit?
Old 19-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
^^why not just cut out more of the existing mouldings?
because im pretty sure he meant the hole is too big in the first place..........

doing what i said means he can cut a smaller hole
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

he didnt actually say the hole was too big. and by the looks of the photo it looks like the hole is too small!
Old 19-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #7
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

I put NL side repeaters on my ED GLi, no problems, they just clipped into the hole no worries. The part I had the issue with was trimming the bulb holder down to lock in place in the side repeater, but they physically fit on the guards no worries at all!

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
Sloth

The size of the hole is fine, they cover it well but the moulding actually curves slightly inwards around the hole like its warped, so the repeater doesnt sit on the surface flat (the ends touch, but the middle doesnt). I have only tried on one side though, Ill have a go on the other side this weekend. Everything was going wrong that day, and it was so bloody windy, and I was expecting it to be a simple click in job, so admittedly I gave up rather quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo
I put NL side repeaters on my ED GLi, no problems, they just clipped into the hole no worries. The part I had the issue with was trimming the bulb holder down to lock in place in the side repeater, but they physically fit on the guards no worries at all!
Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be easy. Did you have that inner guard piece to contend with? (you can see it on the left inside the hole)
I couldnt get one of the clips on the repeater past that, so cut half of it off leaving a J shape to fit around the back of the inner guard part, which worked but then it didnt sit flush.

Braden, the NF/NL ones dont have a seal like the AU ones do, they are designed to sit under the plastic moulding on the guard. BA ones fit, but they take a bit more work, I heard these just clip in and I like them better than the AU ones.
Old 19-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #9
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Nope, didn't have any issues with inner guards, just pressed the repeaters in and "Click" they were in and flush.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #10
Sloth

Well thats strange. Everything I try to do to my car seems to take a turn for the worst.
Old 20-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #11
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Sloth: yeh iv only got the AU ones because they're easy to put in and they look better than the orange ones! i'd rather either BA ones or NF/NL ones! maybe one day i'll change them, not that fussed at the moment tho!

not sure why the mouldings like that, try the other side and see how that goes. if thats fine it may be worth getting new mouldings from the wreakers or something, just make sure they nice first!!

cheers
Old 20-09-2006, 09:02 AM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo

got any pics of the whole care with them on mate?