Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Anyone have an idea of what a written off AU Fairmont Ghia would be worth at auction?

Hi All,

I haven't been to the auctions for a while, and don't really pay attention to the AU's, but does anybody have any idea what a written off AU Fairmont Ghia in good condition would go for?

Kays and damage are irrelevant to an extent.

After a few bits and pieces for my car, and it'd work out better to grab a wreck and flog off what I don't use.

Thanks,

Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry but it's a bit like saying how long is a piece of string? it as long as it is and the same applies to a written off car there are so many variables. Is the car written off but repairable? have the compliance plates been removed? or is the car totally stuffed ( unrepairable)and if so is the drive line ok ? is it a 6 or 8? has any or all of the interior been damaged? or is it flood damaged? so as you can see there are so many factors that the question can not really be answered without details as to the cars condition
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
sorry but it's a bit like saying how long is a piece of string? it as long as it is and the same applies to a written off car there are so many variables. Is the car written off but repairable? have the compliance plates been removed? or is the car totally stuffed ( unrepairable)and if so is the drive line ok ? is it a 6 or 8? has any or all of the interior been damaged? or is it flood damaged? so as you can see there are so many factors that the question can not really be answered without details as to the cars condition
No worries, know where you're coming from. Having said that, just like used driveable AU's there is a general price range that models fit within, and as I've found with damaged cars, there does tend to be a general price range that each model falls in.

I'm just looking for a general idea.

To be more specific - panel damage is of no concern. 6 cylinder, interior in good condition - no flood damage.

I'm basically looking for a good clean AU Fairmont Ghia 6 cylinder sedan, that has been written off due to heavy front or rear accident damage. No floods, no fires.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still hard to put a value on it,could be 1,000 to 6,000 whod know it would differ depending if it was a stat write of or just a repairable one.
JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefXR8
Still hard to put a value on it,could be 1,000 to 6,000 whod know it would differ depending if it was a stat write of or just a repairable one.
Thanks Jef, stat would be fine, probably preferred as it'll be a bit cheaper - as long as most mechanicals and interior are fine, that's all good.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

take the log books out, that drops the price

thing is though wreckers buy most of their stuff from them, and if they want the AU ghia theyll get it because theres alot of money in it

id say be prepared to pay around 3-6k for a decent one...

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Ive seen some cars that I thought would never ever become driveable again sell for more than complete registered versions at auctions.

I couldnt believe it! written off futura au's selling at pickles for $4500+ BA's going for $14000+ after what looked loke a collision with a truck. they were $2000 cheaper at the used Ford caryard on the way home complete and registered!!

for this type of purchase, eBay is your friend
Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

There was smashed up AU Fairlane on eBay going for $2,300 just before, gone now.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
sorry but it's a bit like saying how long is a piece of string? it as long as it is
A bit OT, but technically a piece of string is twice as long as the length from the middle to one end.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
A bit OT, but technically a piece of string is twice as long as the length from the middle to one end.
Good one JC
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post