Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
lukey039
Just a spectator

Default Why Is It

Why is it when the simpliest of jobs turn into the biggest pain in the ***,Iam going to burn my car.I just don't get it.Every time I do something on my car it turns into a fight.Iam replacing the master cylinder and booster while Iam there.Easy job.6 bolts and 3 brake lines.1 hour max including bleed.But no.Can't happen for me.Really Ticked.

I for the life of me can't get the booster out.The studs have the thread stuck on the firewall as well as the pedal box.Basically the holes don't line up and unless I can unscrew the studs(which you can't) Iam going to have to pull the dash back to release the pressure that pedal box is putting on the threads.Anyone elses car this does not happen.There is no answer to my question of WHY and to make matters worse Iam typing this at this hour because I still can't get it out.Looks like dash out or cut the studs.If ford designed the car right they would have not run the a/c duct right in front on the bolts but O NO that would make sense.Problem is nearly 20 years on and they still can't make a car mechanic friendly. :

Old 29-07-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Man you just have no luck with that thing. I'll swap ya my EB for it!
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
lukey039
Just a spectator

Tell me about it.But Iam still not going to part with it even for your EB.LOL.It occured to me this morning why not use a jack to push the pedal box up.So Iam going to give that a go instead of pulling the dash out,well I hope I don't have to!
Old 29-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

just pry the booster out with a big screwdriver

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
lukey039
Just a spectator

A size 9 foot barried into the brake pedal moved it.While I was there my brother welded up the crack in my fire wall to.