Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
crossingover

Default Damn!!!!!!! potholes

Lastweek went to wallan (vic) to pick up an ipod of (eb boi) was a bargain but on my way back was pouring rain and wallan being nomans land has terrible street lighting i was doing roughly 90ks hit a huge pothole buckled right front rim and bent some arm which bolts from hub to camber.I recently paid $2500 for my wheels there lenso concept 5s 19 inch with 245/30 on front and 275/30 on rear i will never buy 19 inch wheels again also broke right skirt and bent guard im so upset ive just spent close to 15k rebuilding the AU (eb boi) was actually shocked with the AU when he saw it and said i should put up pics in forum i feel so cursed anyway ive unbolted the arm but only seems to come off with the hub one piece can i get hub off or must i buy a complete assembly and does anyone know what that arm is called also once this drama is fixed ill put up some picks of the AU
heres some work ive done on it already
Full respray monsoon with red metalflake pearl
Original TS50 rubber spoiler kit with ba gt skirts customised to fit has air finns
Custom interior all black leather including dash with red suede inserts in seats and doors
19 inch lensos 275/30 245/30
4.11 lsd balanced tailshaft
Dba gold slotted drilled with brembos all round braided lines
11psi turbo
lcd screens in headrest alpine dvd player
list goes on car was inherited from my dad who passed away in january its only got 43000 ks was a forte many moons ago i will be keeping it for as long as i can as it is a tribute to my father i sold my clubby to build this car and im really enjoying the au only thing even with 275 on rear hard to get traction on the car seems all au;s are bit light on rear anyways ill post picks soon I live in broady and dont really waNNA advertise the car as cars go missing here in a blink of an eye im hoping to put in in autosalon b4 it becomes a daily street car

crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
I6corp
Was V6corp

I hate potholes, but thats a hella lot of damaged from one :S

Sorry to hear that mate, but ur AU sounds ****en awesome... Post some pics :P
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If it was in fact a pothole, contact the local council with a letter listing the damages and seeking compensation. If that doesn't work, go and see a solicitor.

I must say though, that 90km/h in pouring rain with low visibility was probably about 20 or 30 too fast anyway, even if the limit is 90 or 100.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

you know, they say seeing is believing. but sucks about the damage. follow JC's advice, we did something similar, with *something* i totally forget, and we got compo for it :
Old 29-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
crossingover

ye thanks for info guys ill definately write a letter with a quote attached ill keep you posted on outcome but im just wandering is it vicroads i deal with or the local council thnx again
crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
Kryton

the local council.
got some pics of the damage to send along with the letter?
i know this will be hard but get pics of the pothole with a ruler or something in it to show how big and deep it is.
this will all help you get compo.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #7
I6corp
Was V6corp

And where the pot hole is located... That way if they get off there asses it wont happen again.
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post