Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Default Anyone seen it done?

there is an EA falcon getting around my area with shaved door hanles and shaved right down the side to make it flush(with out that indint that foes down the side and throght the door handles on the e-series)
Anyone seen it done befor...

Oh and does anyone know if you can put suicied door on the back one's like the old skool cars... Been mening to ask about it for awhile now...

NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Sorry about the spelling just woke up...
Old 25-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...doors+E-series

I dug up this oldie. Enjoy!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Well i have thought about doing it to a EA a long time ago
I did it to my XD and to a ZK that i had .. and Done a M8s XC as well I dont have many pics of my XD left but here are a few in the build .

I have a XW as well now and im thinking of doing it again to it as well .. BUT i dont want to be Killed by the DieHard XW/XY Lovers..
Old 25-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
EFFalcon
Last warning

[img]hxxp://www.deleted link/pics/ef/efmag1.jpg[/img]
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
EFFalcon
Last warning

[img]hxxp://www.streetfords.com/Wallpapers/Issue4/4us3xy800.jpg[/img]
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
EFDream
XRR83D

Thats a bit different but interesting as the same time

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
Kryton

does anyone know the legalities of doorhandle-less doors? my GFs dad has already started doing this on his ute only to be told that he can legally register it here in Vic. he was told, he needs to take it to NSW for engineering and rego, then bring it back and transfer the rego over.
now he's already filled in the handle holes so if what he has been told is true, he's up for 2 more doors.
anyone know for sure?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #9
shoey50

for it to be legal you must still have a mechanical (manual) means of opening the door eg a rod that you push down on the top of the door (see attached pic) have got many mates with this mod done to there mini trucks and i have just started on my ef
check this site out http://www.downundertruckin.com/phpBB2/index.php heaps of good info there and plently of people who have done it
shoey50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
trick_xd

Davway There is a sheet that i have still from Vic Roads that says " there must be EITHER a leaver , latch , button or a switch "on the out side of the car to Operate the drivers door

Tomorrow i will go thriugh and find it and get the sheet number off it I took mine to Vic Roads and got them to stamp it as i had the Cops pull me over at cannon hill on a sunday arvo and fine me for no door handles..
Old 25-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
trick_xd

Yes what Shoey says is right Have a Look up at my Pics and you will See little Skull knobs sticking out the top of the doors .. ALL i had to do was lift them and the door would open .. Now Im a LOT wiser and useing 35lb boot poppers to open the door
Old 26-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

...as i had the Cops pull me over at cannon hill on a sunday arvo and fine me for no door handles..[/QUOTE]

thats bloody rediculas! please explain how its illegal and how you can get fined for not having door handles??!!

it has no difference on how the car goes etc!!

while im on the topic how do you open the doors with no door handles?!!

cheers
Old 26-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #13
shoey50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
...as i had the Cops pull me over at cannon hill on a sunday arvo and fine me for no door handles..
thats bloody rediculas! please explain how its illegal and how you can get fined for not having door handles??!!

it has no difference on how the car goes etc!!

while im on the topic how do you open the doors with no door handles?!!

cheers[/QUOTE]

you can only get a fine for not having door handles you you do not have another mechanical/manual means of opening the door eg a manual popper a rod on the window sill of you door that you push down of pull up which releases the locking latch same as a handle would there is a pic above of one on a mini truck i will try to find a better one
shoey50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #14
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

The reason for them being unroadworthy is that if you have had an accident and are unconscious how are people supposed to open the door to get you out without smashing the window???
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #15
trick_xd

It was about 18mths ago that i was pulled over and i did the wrong thing and argued with the cops.. It got me no where.. They just said "here you go have this Sticker and this fine and we will see you next time"
I went to Vic Roads and got the info off them and then went to a Road Worthy Place (A Good mechanic) and asked him again what his opinion of this rule is ... It was the same as mine..Diffrent to the Cops.HaHa out i went with a road worthy and guess what .a few days later pulled over again by the same copper This time i had the sheet from Vic Roads (Stamped) in the console... I drove away ..All was good.
I filled in the back of the fine and wrote a letter and photo copyed the sheet and sent it all to them and all i got a few weeks later was a letter saying that as the rule stands that i will not be receiving a fine or loss of points..

I have only ever been asked again 1 more time and the old copper just said to the young copper " if he crashers it and cant open his door himself.. We will just wait to cut him out"
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 01:04 AM   #16
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

colour of that EF/EL is mental! love it!
Old 27-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #17
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

That EL used to be a newy car then He sold it for $18,000 which I think Is a good price(for the buyer)
Old 27-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #18
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
It was about 18mths ago that i was pulled over and i did the wrong thing and argued with the cops.. It got me no where.. They just said "here you go have this Sticker and this fine and we will see you next time"
I went to Vic Roads and got the info off them and then went to a Road Worthy Place (A Good mechanic) and asked him again what his opinion of this rule is ... It was the same as mine..Diffrent to the Cops.HaHa out i went with a road worthy and guess what .a few days later pulled over again by the same copper This time i had the sheet from Vic Roads (Stamped) in the console... I drove away ..All was good.
I filled in the back of the fine and wrote a letter and photo copyed the sheet and sent it all to them and all i got a few weeks later was a letter saying that as the rule stands that i will not be receiving a fine or loss of points..

I have only ever been asked again 1 more time and the old copper just said to the young copper " if he crashers it and cant open his door himself.. We will just wait to cut him out"
haha nice story!! good to hear about people shutting down coppers!!

yeh if you crash your car and your unconscious inside, i dont think it'd be hard to smash a window!plus if you've crashed it a smashed window would be the least of your worrys!!

cheers
Braden
Old 28-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #19
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Thats what you woud thing anyway!