Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Default Check this out for dreadful parking!

I was at the shops today and as I was getting out of my car I noticed the two cars parked dreadfully, neither car is parked within the lines!

You often see one car parked very badly but two next to each other at the same time I couldn't resist it and took this snap shot, I have concealed the rego plate numbers of both vehicles to protect the identity of the drivers.

Last edited by muso; 20-08-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Default Re: Check this out for dreadful parking!

I often see this. at the spotlight carpark in townsville a few years ago with my mum and i saw a small car park across two parks, taking up the second last and some of the last car park in the row. A landcruiser then decided it wanted the last spot, so it parks in whats left of the bay and then on the footpath.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

I saw something at Glenmore Park shops last week that discusted me. A "P" plater had parked his XR6 across 2 disabled spots. Waiting in the car with music blairing. Such a tool. Should of ploughed the Jeep into him.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYHSV
I saw something at Glenmore Park shops last week that discusted me. A "P" plater had parked his XR6 across 2 disabled spots. Waiting in the car with music blairing. Such a tool. Should of ploughed the Jeep into him.

I would help you.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive done that when I have pulled into a wet carpark and I cant see the lines due to sun glare off the pavement. I would of looked like a tool (more than usual).
Old 04-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Car park m/t .. Doesn't matter...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYHSV
There is a hefty fine for parking in disabled spots!

Disabled people have enough of an uphill battle without having to try and find a park which is suitable for them elsewhere!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Falconxf88

I do this sh** all the time. Over coming out to a door on my car.

Obviously never in the disabled spots.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Often when I pull into a park I have to reverse back and straighten up because I'm on the white line. I always correct it since someone hit my car door with theirs years ago in my (then new) VX.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is standard parking practice here in Newcastle. Parking between the lines is optional!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
Torment47
Mr Hoon

I hate when people hit others cars with there doors, especially when kids muck around and fling the door open... that's why i park next to a pole or gutter and leave a metre-2 metre gap between me and the next car!
have not had a problem since
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Some people deliberately park over the white lines, to avoid idiots using their car doors as door stoppers.

As for parking is disabled car parks. Those cars need to be pushed/dragged out of the way, by what ever means necessary....Bugger the damage done to the offending cars.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
I hate when people hit others cars with there doors, especially when kids muck around and fling the door open... that's why i park next to a pole or gutter and leave a metre-2 metre gap between me and the next car!
But if you leave a 2 metre gap the a/holes will ram a trolley through the space, but yeah I hear you, I know what you mean.

I taught my kids at a very young age to be careful of the car next to us when opening the doors, they are 10 and 12 now and are still careful.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
This is standard parking practice here in Newcastle. Parking between the lines is optional!
LOL
Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #15
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Some people deliberately park over the white lines, to avoid idiots using their car doors as door stoppers.

As for parking is disabled car parks. Those cars need to be pushed/dragged out of the way, by what ever means necessary....Bugger the damage done to the offending cars.

I must admit I think I've taken a couple of snap shots of them to!

I also don't like people who park in 'Pram' allocated car parks with no pram or kids but if your in a hurry you can see how easy it would be to do it, but there are no excuses for taking a disabled spot!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
I also don't like people who park in 'Pram' allocated car parks with no pram or kids
lol i used to do it all the time with my first el, and the trx. i fail to see why people with prams should get preferential parking.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
IceValk85
MY2010 SV6 SIDI -Black-

thats supercheap townsville on charters towers road? i think the black surface gives it away lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #18
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
lol i used to do it all the time with my first el, and the trx. i fail to see why people with prams should get preferential parking.

sorry to get off topic, but i would also like to learn?

Are the sport wider or just closer to exits/entrances?

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwag
sorry to get off topic, but i would also like to learn?

Are the sport wider or just closer to exits/entrances?
just closer as far as i could see.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #20
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why does a pram make you special? I would have thought it harder to drag a kicking and screaming toddler than push a pram.

The Daily's Build.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #21
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

I think pram parks are wider to allow space for getting the baby out that's all I think, I think I've parked in them a few times without realising it, but really it's the disabled parks that must be left for disabled people. Having a pram shouldn't really be that much of an issue that it needs a dedicated park but they have them in some car parks here.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

I do it occasionally. But I park wayyyyyyy up the other end of the car park. Mainly because I don't have any money for repairs. So I park farrrr away and sometimes over two

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

Old 05-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #23
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
I have a 400 dollar bill thanks to my boy opening the door on the car next to mine

being a car guy i left a note on the bf gt as it was in mint condition and I was in drool mode in saying that I would leave a note regardless

oh and yes my 7 yr old has allot of chores to do around the house now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #24
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
I have a 400 dollar bill thanks to my boy opening the door on the car next to mine

being a car guy i left a note on the bf gt as it was in mint condition and I was in drool mode in saying that I would leave a note regardless

oh and yes my 7 yr old has allot of chores to do around the house now

mowing the lawn every weekend till he is 40?

The Daily's Build.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #25
Rockape
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to see you are paying up but. You must be 1 of the few good people around.

Kawasaki ZZR1100
Old 05-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #26
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape
Good to see you are paying up but. You must be 1 of the few good people around.
my EL may not be the best looking car in the world and I would hope that the same would be done to me

I cant stand seeing a car get damaged for no reason and the owner should not have to wear the cost of the repair due to my boy being clumsy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #27
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

Because when you come out to your car to find one right next to your car leaving not enough for you to open a door, you get frustrated. Sometimes you need that extra room.

Before having my daughter i thought it was a stupid idea, makes more sense once you see a use for them.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #28
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see parking like that all the time at work!!!! morning shift is notrious for not parking in lines. I love the ones who take up 2, 3 and even 4 parks or so in shopping centre so they dont get hit by other cars then someone leaves a trolley against there car!!! If there that worried why not leave the car at home?? as for pram parking i think they shouldnt have specail treatment. i remeber my parents managed well without pram parking. so i dont see why people who have prams should have the privalage of those parks. disable people parks i think should be more places maybe take over them pram parks!!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #29
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
I was at the shops today and as I was getting out of my car I noticed the two cars parked dreadfully, neither car is parked within the lines!

You often see one car parked very badly but two next to each other at the same time I couldn't resist it and took this snap shot, I have concealed the rego plate numbers of both vehicles to protect the identity of the drivers.
The thing with 2 cars parked like that is you don't know if the car on the left did it first, which would leave the car to the right (who for some reason felt like he just had to park right there) parking way off too. I see that all the time, esp in the diagonal stalls. One car parks crooked and the next thing you know the entire row of cars in that row are crossing over the line into the next stall. Until one driver decides to park straight which means his car is super close to a crookedly parked car. I always hope the owner of that car doesn't end up getting his car keyed by the owner of the car next to him. I've witnessed guys come back to their cars (parked crooked and out of the stall) to find a car close to theirs and start swearing and cussing. I mean, seriously?

I'd just pick a far away stall and park there instead. Never do I park in the handicapped stalls. Cars parked there without the handicap parking placard need to be towed and fined. It's just respect for the elderly and handicapped.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #30
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Jason you are a good man for footing the bill!

While having to fork out $400 was a pain for you it is good Karma in the bigger picture (Perhaps someone may damage your car one day and return the same favour of leaving a note ) What goes around comes around! I personally believe that Karma works on a natural "points" system throughout our lifetime, you've earned some Karmic points there.

NickyN I agree with you about all the cars parking crooked, it's kind of a flock of sheep follow the leader mentality. Then the only car that is parked straight within the lines appears "crooked" compared to the other cars!

No matter what car in my photo parked there first influencing how the next car parked the fact remains that neither observed the white boundary lines and I am assuming that the very same drivers would also fail to observe other lines and signs....keep left unless overtaking.....turn left with care........do not queue across intersection......Stop.....Green Light Go.........Give way..etc etc

Last edited by muso; 05-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Closed Thread