Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
eb falcon gl
75th anniversary

Default electric windows for eb

is it hard to install electric windows in an eb?

Old 24-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

what series EB and does it have cruise control?
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Simple answer.. NO!!!

Complex answer.. If you buy genuine/2nd hand eb ones not overly difficult provided you have a fairly strong knowledge of electronics.. If you buy an aftermarket kit the instructions are fairly easy to follow..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
eb falcon gl
75th anniversary

eb pete: its a series 1 and no cruise control.

roosta: i have genuine switches and a full ed fairmont wiring harness
Old 24-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

sounds good.. im have a fairly strong knowledge of electronics ;) so how much are they worth?
Old 24-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

I have an EB2 GLi with no cruise but i have an EA ghia wreck that I was going to convert over to the EB including cruise. Is this possible as I now have ED Fairmont seats and door trims. I don't want to put the door trims on until I convert it over.
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
Simple answer.. NO!!!

Complex answer.. If you buy genuine/2nd hand eb ones not overly difficult provided you have a fairly strong knowledge of electronics.. If you buy an aftermarket kit the instructions are fairly easy to follow..

Cheers,
Nik

right.... well moving on, i know for sure that EBII and ED model cars have the elec windows loom run with the cruise control. so to get elect windows in a EBII or ED with C/C all you need is:

4 regulators
consol switches and consol to house
rear switches
rear loom (from in the sill in the B-pillar up into the door)
front loom (from behind the kick panel into the door)
and a few nuts and bolts.

i'm not sure on an EB but i can't see it being that much different if at all. installing the whole loom would be a little hard but nothing to worry about, and once you have done that all the rest would be the same as a series II.

don't see why EA cruise and elec windows wouldn't work.
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #8
eMpTy
Low, Loud & Black

I've just finished rewiring the windows in our EB I XR and found it to be no trouble at all.

Vehicle was previously fitted with aftermarket power window that ran 6 wires from each switch, 2 into each door and used motors that ran a sprocket fitted over the spindle from the original manual windows.
Pulled the harness and door regulators out my old EA Ghia and fitted it all into the EB without a hassle, regulators were a simple bolt-in where the manual regulators used to be.
Had to source a new console switch from ford ($176) and the EA wiring diagram found here on the forum made the job alot easier.
End result is an EB I with windows that run up'n'down quicker than most brand new cars, which was a surprise as I thought the regulators were just about shot when the EA was on the road.
eMpTy is offline   Reply With Quote