Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pics of my car.

Hey guys, hope this is the right place to post this.Finally got some images so here's an e-car you probably havent seen before. Its a series 1 EB Fairmont, fairly stock cept for the rims (dont know what they are), a gas conversion, pioneer head unit and some lowered shocks.
Ive got a few things in mind for it in the near future. I hope to share the progress with everyone.
What do you all think? Any suggestions?

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
SwarvJarv
Ea Falcon S

nice straight ride there man......

it MPI so thats the best thing.....how many km's

jarv
5 speed Manual
Motivator Headers with 2.1/2" RedBack system
XR x GT Hybrid Body
15" 'Snowflakes'
90' GL Interior
Custom Black Vinyl Roof
Custom Console Lid
9" LCD + PS2
Boss CD/MP3 head unit 50x4w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
I was considering chucking on a full Kappa tracksuit but reconsidered :P
SwarvJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bout 180,000 or so. Runs smoothly, goes alright when you put the foot into it, starts first time hot or cold, topped up essential fluids last week and it only got better.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
Old 22-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
mUTHA
DALLY 41

looks pretty straight mate

good luck with it and happy driving

www.perthfalcons.com
mUTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

any mods on the cards???

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lower (already got king spring lows for the rear)
clear indicators and repeaters
get rest of red trim for sides of car
rear spoiler (lip style)
LSD?
nicer (bigger) rims
maybe colour coded door handles
if possible, install ABS and power windows.
not sure about performance mods, any suggestions? Im not after a super quick car but id like it to have some balls when you need it. Maybe extractors, cat and exhaust to gain some kw and make it sound tough?

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

errr...bump?

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
Tiga_EL
Banned

Nice ride buddy, seems neat and clean. IMO, dump it way lower, get some clear indicators, and some new rims. Then itll be looking sweet.!
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

Nice looking car. Unfortunately with the red stripe on the sides, you will have to replace the entire door moulds. The stripe is part of the mould.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Very tidy, you've made a good purchase. If it progresses into a project you can request to have this thread shifted to the Workshop Builds sub-forum ;)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #11
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For the front and back bumpers i used some trim that my old man bought off ebay and just stuck over the existing chrome stripe. For the sides i might see if i can find a suitable car at the wreckers and just use double sided tape to attach the same way.

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Nice looking car. Unfortunately with the red stripe on the sides, you will have to replace the entire door moulds. The stripe is part of the mould.
true but you don't have to do it that way. you could just use some of the red bumper trim to cover over the side trims. I did that for the trimmings on my moulds, cbf paying for new moulds and colour coding them again so i just put bumper trim on it for a laugh, and it actually turned out pretty well. At $5 a metre you can't go wrong.

just a suggestion anyway.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordEBfaimont
For the front and back bumpers i used some trim that my old man bought off ebay and just stuck over the existing chrome stripe. For the sides i might see if i can find a suitable car at the wreckers and just use double sided tape to attach the same way.
the existing bumper trim could have been removed mate, just stick a blade screwdriver under it carefully and lever it out. The mould trims can't be removed though as ea_silver_ghia said, as they're part of the mould.
Old 22-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #14
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great! You can bet it will too once my wallet allows for it. Its only really in the last month or two since getting my P's that ive became interested in cars so most of my cash has already been tipped into my other hobby.
Head unit, indicators, spoiler, xh snorkle and some new floor mats are first on the list and should eventuate in the next week or two, and then the springs come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Very tidy, you've made a good purchase. If it progresses into a project you can request to have this thread shifted to the Workshop Builds sub-forum ;)

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To tell you the truth, i prefer the look of no moulding altogether but wasnt sure of the situation of the paint underneath. Is it likely to require a touch-up? How about re-attaching it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
the existing bumper trim could have been removed mate, just stick a blade screwdriver under it carefully and lever it out. The mould trims can't be removed though as ea_silver_ghia said, as they're part of the mould.

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #16
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
To tell you the truth, i prefer the look of no moulding altogether but wasnt sure of the situation of the paint underneath. Is it likely to require a touch-up? How about re-attaching it?
the bumper trim ? it's attached with self adhesive tape on the back, so a lot of that will stick to the bumper when you remove it. Nothing some solvent couldn't remove with some time and effort though. The new trim comes with the same tape on the back, so it's as easy as peeling the protective paper off, then putting the trim in place.
Old 22-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #17
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the bumper trim is the entire plastic mould attached to the door and the mould trim is the chrome strip underneath where i put the red strip which is part of the bumper trim (confusing)???
Can you explain again how did yours? It looks like you've just colour coded the top section of the bumper trim. IMO it looks better, much more subtle.

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #18
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
So the bumper trim is the entire plastic mould attached to the door and the mould trim is the chrome strip underneath where i put the red strip which is part of the bumper trim (confusing)???
Can you explain again how did yours? It looks like you've just colour coded the top section of the bumper trim. IMO it looks better, much more subtle.
the door 'mould' is the entire strip of plastic along your doors (the two toned grey bits in your case) The lighter grey part that you want to change to red, is permenantly attached to the moulding, so in order to replace it you need to buy the whole door mould. HOWEVER, as i said, i used bumper trim (the trims on the front and rear bumper, red in your case) and carefully laid it over the top of the old trim on my door moulds, to spruce it up a bit. This bumper trim is available from Bayford Spare Parts in Campbellfield, Vic. That's where i got my chrome (ghia) trim from for about $5 a metre. I'm presuming they have the red version as well, you may wish to look em up and give them a call.

That clearer ?

p.s. the EB & onwards Ghia's already have colour coded door moulds.
Old 22-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #19
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Think i should scrap the red, and just get chrome all round? The main reason i wanted the red is coz the chrome underneath is all pitted and flakey, had i known you could get new chrome trimming, i would've done that instead.
Any way i can get the top section of the door mould to be white (as they are colour coded on yours) ?

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Think i should scrap the red, and just get chrome all round? The main reason i wanted the red is coz the chrome underneath is all pitted and flakey, had i known you could get new chrome trimming, i would've done that instead.
Any way i can get the top section of the door mould to be white (as they are colour coded on yours) ?
you can do whatever you put your mind to.. jump on board the modification train!
Old 22-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #21
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just another quick question i thought id post here instead of making a new thread....
The T-bar has about 1cm or so of play and wobbles a little making it occasionally not go into gear properly. The locknut just below the T-bar is rounded meaning i cant take it off to then remove the panel underneath. Can you fix this wobbling via a nut or something underneath that panel? If so, how do i remove the rounded locknut and what to replace with?

Former Rides:
Old 22-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Just another quick question i thought id post here instead of making a new thread....
The T-bar has about 1cm or so of play and wobbles a little making it occasionally not go into gear properly. The locknut just below the T-bar is rounded meaning i cant take it off to then remove the panel underneath. Can you fix this wobbling via a nut or something underneath that panel? If so, how do i remove the rounded locknut and what to replace with?
Sounds like your T-bar has worn out bushes. My original T-bar did that, till I replaced it with Ghia5L's old one. He put in a BA shifter so he didn't need the old one. Now my car is manual, so now I've taken the shifter out as well! You can have the old auto shifter if you want. To replace it, you'll have to take the console out, and you'll have to get under the car to disconnect it from the auto. About the rounded nut, if you put enough force on the T-bar, you should be able to undo it without loosening the nut.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 23-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #23
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool thanks man. Ive tried pretty hard to get it off, might just leave it and then eventually hacksaw it off and replace.

Former Rides:
Old 23-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #24
Dezza
Parts bin special

Are you going to GOR? If you are, I can give you my old one then.

Old 23-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #25
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GOR? Sorry im not really aware of all the social goings-on, but id like to get involved with some cruises and meets and that.

Former Rides:
Old 23-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #26
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
GOR? Sorry im not really aware of all the social goings-on, but id like to get involved with some cruises and meets and that.
Great Ocean Road Cruise. It's happening on the first Sunday of December. The thread on it is here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=73540

Old 23-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #27
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn, gonna be in QLD for schoolies from the 2nd. Wont be able to make it sorry.

Former Rides:
Old 23-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #28
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Damn, gonna be in QLD for schoolies from the 2nd. Wont be able to make it sorry.
OK. Maybe another time then.

Old 23-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #29
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah any other shows comin up?
Im pretty sure im gonna buy that spoiler, theres one on ebay now which matches my car, is pretty cheap, and the seller is near my town. Says it comes with no bolts to attach but still has rubbers and wiring. Any idea whats involved to put it on and hook it up to the brake lights?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280050842318

Former Rides: