Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-08-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
CruizinEB
Banned

Question Central locking on EB???

Good everning guys,

I have a 92 EB Ford Falcon and it has the standerd locking system and i would like to know what is involved in making it keyless entry,and how much to do so??? :

CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
CruizinEB
Banned

Any one there!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #3
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
Any one there!
not at 3:46 am!

Its not hard to make your car keyless entry. My own car didn't have smartlock so I added it in myself. It involves getting hold of the parts needed, ignition barrel, module, a wiring loom (essential bits) and the other non essential bits the little led out of a smartlock dash, all doors lock/ unlock switch and a few other things. the dash had to come out and everything basically just hooked into my original looms. Not really a mod for the faint hearted. A detailed wiring loom would at the very least is needed.

If you really want keyless entry you can do it pretty cheap. It cost me less than $50 bucks plus my time. I only did it for the other benifits of having the smartlock system, otherwiseif your really after keyless entry i'd recommend just getting an aftermarket alarm with that feature and have it installed.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
CruizinEB
Banned

How mach would an aftermarket alarm with keyless entry cost???
Old 09-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
NZ
~~~

Give your local car audio store a call and make some enquiries. They will usually have a fitting service too. Most car alarms won't be under warrenty unless they are installed by a pro.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post