Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
fordfan351
Now serving defect #6

Default QLD Vehicle Laws

Quick query for the Queensland members out there what are the vehicle inspection laws like up there, are the police particularly tight on defectable vehicles and what is the general feeling from the community in QLD in regards to car culture.

Any info will be appreciated

Regards

Daniel

fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

On the whole we have it pretty easy, but if you're into the local haunts (Harry's/Aspley Macca and the Spit) you sort of stand a bigger chance of nasties, but even still they are still on the kind side imho

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I think it depends on the individual, play up on the road and they will not have a second thought about defecting your car. Behave (or don't get caught) and you will not have too many problems. Aslo depends on how much your car pushes the freindship with the boys in blue
Old 26-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
fordfan351
Now serving defect #6

I tend to keep as lower profile while on the road as possible, don't do any stupid anymore don't want give them any reason what so ever, but my car is seriously pushing the friendship so it's hard to not get hassled.

What about yearly inspections, anything along that line, does QLD require inspection when registering a car from another state?

Where abouts in Inverrel btw
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
24CIT
back to the shop........

i live in bundaberg and the cops hate modified cars. mainly due to the amount of ****ers up here in silvias and comodores. you can keep a low profile but like the others have said, your car can get you into trouble wether your good or not. my car will rarely see the streets due to this because its i fine waiting to happen. its a risky game but someones got to play it!!
Old 27-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24CIT
i live in bundaberg and the cops hate modified cars.
i know the exact one that ur talking about.... does he happen to ride a motorcycle? i was aboutt o write his name, but thought that might not be a good idea...
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

QLD traffic cops are kiddie-spec. I mean, yes, you do get pulled over, yes, you may get defected, yes they impound cars for hooning, but you can really get away with a lot more than any other state I've heard about.

My car is one of the loudest V8's I've heard on the street (347stroker refers to it as "offensive", and he's no fairy), but because I drive relatively sensibly, I don't get a second look.

I was talking to a guy at Harry's Diner on Friday night whose '64 Compact Fairlane had been pulled over. The cop loved it, but because of the blower and the two Holleys hanging a foot out of the bonnet, he had to ticket him for something.

In the end, the only thing the cop wrote down was "sharp edges on hole in bonnet", and the ticket he wrote out was "drive defective vehicle" rather than an actual defect notice, so all old mate has to do is pay the fine - no inspection to clear the canary.

Live it up.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
gozza

what do you drive to harrys green machine.....i got from time to time....who else gos to harrys?
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #9
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

im there most friday nights
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #10
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Juming ship Dan? Will be a shame to see you go.

I think you may be pushing it with that car in any state mate.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #11
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have thought SA was far more relaxed on things than what Qld was.. but maybe things have changed (it has been a lot of years since I left there)
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #12
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
what do you drive to harrys green machine.....i got from time to time....who else gos to harrys?
I drive the GreenMachine! '77 ZH Fairlane... If you see the car there, walk over to it and try opening the door - I'm bound to come over and say hi :P

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 04-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #13
gozza

well green and ea bender.....i don't usually come in cos my brakes squeek lol...i'll usually slink over to the other
but if you see a colour coded white eb monty slammed on turbo blades its me....if i see you guys i'll come and say hi
actually its fri today haha
well i may see yas
Old 04-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #14
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Mmmmm.... Turbo blades!!!

I won't be there tonight, sadly... Is it still raining up in Brissie?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 04-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #15
gozza

its been showering on and off most of the day...hope it rains tonight

you got some 18 inch wheels?...i'll swap ya the turbo blades for em lol
Old 05-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #16
24CIT
back to the shop........

sorry about the the late reply. yeah he does. and he hates cars. sad thing is that they have multiplied and there are more of them now