Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Default AU wagon numberplate surround

Have always wanted to dress up the back of the wagon, but there aren't many options around, so I found an EF/L Ghia numberplate garnish at work, thought I would throw it on to see how it looked:

Besides looking a bit like the back of a hearse, actually fits pretty well, would need a little modification to sit a bit more flush, but its very close. My wife walked past and said she prefers the look of it, thought I would post it up here for some thoughts/discussion. Yea or nea?
Old 25-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: AU wagon numberplate surround

mmmmmmm....... not sure. The top corners don't look quite right. If you could find a chrome spear or a chrome garnish to go on the spear, it would balance the look alot better I reckon.
We have a white wagon too and when we bought it, someone had put a chrome strip in the groove across the top of the bumper all the way round. It looks ok actually and I think it would accentuate what you've already done.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Unfortunately afaik there is no chrome spear for the wagons...only body colour. I get what you mean about the top corners, somethin to have a play with. Just annoys me, its a fairmont, meant to have all the granddad chrome everywhere, not just the front!
Old 25-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Could you adapt a Fairmont sedan boot garnish to fit?

Maybe this

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 25-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Or this

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 25-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #6
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Had a look at them....i work in a scrapyard, au's come in all the time, from what i can see the au boot is curved outwards while the wagons is flat...even if i did adapt it, would also have to worry about that being strong enough to use to lift the boot like on the wagon. Also thought about chrome tape for the spear i have, i dont think i could make it look good enough though.

I have thought about this for far too long
Old 25-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

How about vinyl wrap?

MINE- AUII Forte