Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
stuvw
Starter Motor

Default AU coolant sensor replacement

Hi,
my coolant sensor light (Fairmont) is always on although the reservoir is full.
I guess the sensor is faulty. I assume it is some kind of float?

Any way how do I remove the sensor to check it? - the round black bolock of the right of the tank with 4 holes in it. Do I need a special tool that goes in the holes like the tool for unlocking a circular saw blade to unscrew it?

Or do I have to get a whole new reservoir tank?

Cheers.

stuvw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
smally289
growing up is optional

Use pointy nose pliers in 2 of the holes and unscrew the retaining ring. The sensor can be carefully prised out with a flat blade screwdriver and GENTLY pulling on the sensor body.

The sensor floats can crack and fill with coolant, fall off altogether or even just get a coating on the magnet that stops it from working.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post