Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
1TUFFEA-S-

Angry can somebody help me??? please!!!

ok i have a 1990 ea falcon s pack. just yesterday i spent 430 bucks under the bonnet on a major service and tune. to be honest she was running better before she went to the doctors!!! on gas it feels like it would be faster running on bloody apple juice!!! and foe some reason now it doesnt want to run properly on petrol!!! i have booked it into ultra tune for tomorrow to get the gas dyno tuned, the mechanic says this should sort it out...or is there something really wrong with my car??? please HELP!!! :

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
FordFan86
meow

My cat's breath smells like cat's food.

Seriously man, exactly what was done, plugs, leads, timing? Define not running properly, poor idle, flat spots? You get the gist?
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
1TUFFEA-S-

Ok I Have The List With Me Now...spark Plugs, Reset Timing And Idle Speed, Air Filter, Topped Up All Fluids, Radiator Cap, New Oil And Filter Checked Leads..thats All. When I Sau Running Like Poo I Mean Relly Guttless!! And When Your Cruising At 80 It Deels A Bit Jerky But Only Slightly..
Old 24-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
1TUFFEA-S-

Gee That Was Spelling!! Sorry!!
Old 24-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #5
eav8

I could be way off but it sounds a lot like the timing may have been incorrectly set for your system.
project #1: Ea series1 Spac conversion to straight gas; 351Cleveland; T5; EB dash; sunroof and more as I get to them. :evilsasmo
Fully road legal and cruising in QLD!!
---------------------------------------------------
Happy dealings with; PROTD, !gn!t!on, Big_waity,Phongus
eav8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Yup, I reckon they've fudged the timing for sure.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 10:38 PM   #7
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Take it back to them and say what is wrong! they should do it for free considering you have paid all the coin!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #8
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

spark Plugs, Reset Timing And Idle Speed, Air Filter, Topped Up All Fluids, Radiator Cap, New Oil And Filter Checked Leads

$430 for that?
shouldnt have cost that much $200-250max!

i say since you paid big bucks to get the car done the joint you got the car done at shoulod be responsible for fixing the car for you,

after all you said it was running better once you brought it in, services generally are meant to make the car run better not worse!

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
1TUFFEA-S-

oh yeah i had the heater tap replaced and a heater hose aswell thats prob why it cost so much.
took the car to ultra tune today for the gas to be tested on the dyno.the mechanis said that the gas is on perfect mixture.
he took the car for a spin and said that the timing was way way out.he told me to take it back to profix.
so i got home and gave them a call and told them what was happening, he gave me a bit of lip but then i read out the service and tune guarantee that was stated on the back of the reciept of things they "apparently fixed"
so he said to bring it back when i can.
so ill go back tomorrow to get it re-done.

[/U][/B]i have learned my lesson-*avoid profix elizabeth!!*
Old 27-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #10
1TUFFEA-S-

never mind guys prob sorted. yes it was the timing...turns out the didnt do it in the first place as they thought it seemed ok. now she flys, its amazing what a diiference it makes if you take the time to reset the timing.the car is the fastest its ever been since ive owned it.NOW IM HAPPY!!!
Old 27-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #11
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sweets as mate sounds good!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post