Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
niko
likes falcon's

Default compression test (the old ladies car)

130psi on all cylinders

its a 1991 falcon s multipoint with 226,000k's

much lower compared to my car, but still drives really well. i dont get it

this mean rings aren't the best or..?

Old 24-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
130psi on all cylinders

its a 1991 falcon s multipoint with 226,000k's

much lower compared to my car, but still drives really well. i dont get it

this mean rings aren't the best or..?
I think that if all cylinders are running equal compression, then you'd be pretty safe. Each car's different. If one cylinder had substantially lower compression than the others then I'd be worried.

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #3
luke

Mine tested at 8 Bar (not sure how many psi sorry) on all cylinders, except for one cylinder at 7bar and one at 6. There doesn't seem to be any issues with that. Still has all it's power and doesn't use oil.
It's a 3.9 Multipoint I6 with a broken odometer so I have no idea how far it's driven but it'd have to be over 400,000.

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 08:37 AM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

ye i was kinda worried wen i did the 1st test. 130, my ea pulled 180 lol