Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #1
EBIIBurner

Default can you fit climate control into a falcon gli ebII

hi ppl if i was to buy climate control from a fairlane eb would that go into my eb falcon like without modifying plugs and all that cheers
EBIIBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

ive done a complete Climate control conversion to my EA from the GL controls.

You have to change the Dash loom, heaterbox, and other bits. takes ALOT of effort. So no you cant do it without modifying stuff ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Just get the facia off a Climate control unit and stick it to your Heater panel. (I suggest Clag Glue or Sticky Tape)...It worked for me
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

LMAO Selekta your not serious?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 23-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
EBIIBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
LMAO Selekta your not serious?
what about a digital dash or a sports dash with the volt meter and oil gauge i take it with the sports gauge all you need is the oil sender and it will plug in without modifying wires the dash i mean but what about the digital dash that would involve cutting wires and getting pulse senders and stuff wouldnt it
EBIIBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

To fit a Digital Dash cluster into a GL using a GL dash loom requires ALOT of rewiring. It doesnt just plug in

Old 23-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBIIBurner
what about a digital dash or a sports dash with the volt meter and oil gauge i take it with the sports gauge all you need is the oil sender and it will plug in without modifying wires the dash i mean but what about the digital dash that would involve cutting wires and getting pulse senders and stuff wouldnt it
I really want to do this, but I have no idea how...there is a tutorial on www.fordmods.com...you need to fit a BEM from a EA Mont and change the looms too I think, but don't quote me on that
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #8
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

You can get a mid ranged cluster, like an S-Pak, with 6 needles and gauges instead of the standard 3 or the digital cluster. It's a straight swap apart from the oil sender unit you need to install. If you've got smartlock I'd imagine you'd need a smartlock dash to replace your current one or if you don't have smartlock, you'd need a pre-smartlock dash. Also if you've got an auto, get one with a power LED as well, as manual gearbox dashes don't have the power LED on them. Trip computer and Climate control installation need hard work, rewiring and good DIY skills.

Also Featuring

NFERNO Registration Plates
ELXR Front Bar & Bonnet with Sequential Scoop
18x8 Graphite Rims, Genie Extractors and Exhaust, Chrome Moulds
ELGT Steering Wheel, Clear Repeators, Cornering Lamps, Tinted Windows
Walnut Highlights, Pionner DEH-P9650MP Headunit & Pro-Series Speakers

Local Playground: Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #9
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selekta
I really want to do this, but I have no idea how...there is a tutorial on www.fordmods.com...you need to fit a BEM from a EA Mont and change the looms too I think, but don't quote me on that
just to let people seriously know how this is done ;)

FITTING Climate Control to your GL/GLi/Spack in a EA/EB1

You have to swap the enginebay loom over to the Ghia one
you have to swap your dash loom over to a Ghia loom
You also have to have the associated Ghia bits like BEM, Climate modual, cabin sniffer sensor, etc
You will also require a Climate control style heaterbox

This involves removing your dash, swapping heaterbox's, Swapping over dash wiring loom in your dash, fitting the white Ghia BEM and assosiated sensors.
You will also need to swap your enginebay loom over to the Ghia style, this is a simple "unplug and plug in" your new loom.

I will be posting a Tutorial on how to do this on http://www.deleted link/ soon ;)

This also then allows you to plug a digital dash in giving you the complete Ghia/fairlane/LTD style dash like I have

Old 23-06-2005, 11:41 PM   #10
Damo
Banned

haha, why would you bother ?

lol. :P
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #11
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
haha, why would you bother ?

lol. :P
because people wanna spent time and effort on there cars unlike you :P LMAO

Old 24-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #12
NZ
~~~

Is your working properly now? I remember a while back it was doing a few weird things

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #13
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
Is your working properly now? I remember a while back it was doing a few weird things
Its working 110% ;) I had a dodgy ghia BEM