Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Pouki
Crusin

Default dont know what to do

hey guys i am new to this forum and i was just asking for some suggestions on what to do to my car.... i just brought a EL falcon and im not sure what to do to it i want to add power and also cosmetics but im not sure what rims and other stuff would go good with it or what cheap power fixes i could do to enhance the power of this car. Also i have got XR8 tickford springs already but im not really sure of how to fit them could anyone run me thorugh on how to do that thanks andrew :

Pouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

well a good start is a full service filters and so on possible new oxygen sesor if ya feeling rich and then things like a full exhaust (extractors back). Then after that ya can start toying around with things like uni chips, cams, head work engine re builds so on and so fourth. to do the springs you need to do the following, on the front, jack car up and support. undo the strut top and bottom but dont undo center nut on strut at the top yet. remove the strut and put spring compressors on the spring and tension until the spring is floating in the strut. now undo the center nut. remember the order you remove the mount and washers etc then take spring out, SLOWLY and CAREFULLY undo the spring compressors make sure you tighten and undo them evenly as well until spring is undone. compress new spring and place into stru and do the opposite of what ya just did with the new spring. the rear is basically the same as the front except you do it on car instead of off car correct me if im worng not to sure abou the rear. i think the greggories manuals go through how to do it otherwise. good luck with stuff.
EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Pouki
Crusin

thanks a lot for that man i will try the springs this weekend where do u get spring compressors from and how much are they ?? roughly
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
hornet

Any auto shop should sell em.
I lowered my EL myself with the help of a mate. Takes some time, but the end result is amazing!
My tatic with my EL was get it looking reasonable first, then make it go. Mags and slammed were first. Limited slip diff next (mines a factory 5 speed), 3" mandral intake, Extractors tomorrow, then a large cam
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Pouki
Crusin

yeh ur car looks very nice i think i will just lower mine by myself are the EL xr8 tickford springs any good to lower it with or should i be looking at other springs also if changing the springs should i be looking at the shockers to change them to inprove handling and so forth... how much did the lsd cost for ur car i bet it's really good having it on the EL i have is only auto which sucks ur lucky having 5 speed manual

cheers andrew