Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
crannersEL
Banned

Default Polishing question??

hey fellow E-series friends,

Mum and Dad gave me a car cleaning kit for christmas and in amounst it was "Liquid Polishing Wax" made by Kitten.

Will this product cut the paint or is it a polishing product adding a shine to the cars paint work.

Also how do i go about applying the product??

Feed back would be great!!

Thanks Paul

crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
CruizinEB
Banned

hehehe i got the same stuff but with a brush (Hair Brush) i think its meant to polish the paint, but I'm not to sure
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

read the back of the label Paul. : It would just be a liquid polish, apply it to clean car in the shade and let dry, then buff it off.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
read the back of the label Paul. : It would just be a liquid polish, apply it to clean car in the shade and let dry, then buff it off.

Yeah it says just that, Buff it off meaning using a cloth with elbow grease or using one of those power buffers??

And it wont Cut yeah?
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
-jjM-
Banned

Ha I Got The Better One Paul!!!
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Yeah it says just that, Buff it off meaning using a cloth with elbow grease or using one of those power buffers??
And it wont Cut yeah?
cranners, make sure you wash your car well first, then apply the polish using an applicator or soft terry towel (follow instructions on pack), then buff off by hand using a terry towel or MF cloth.

some polishes contain small amounts of abrasive (cleaning) material but you will fine to use it on your car.

Cheers
Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
FTR888

its funny really, within the last few years everything is now a polishing wax. It used to be polish, which would 'cut' the paint or take the oxidization off and light swirls too. and then ya would wax over that to keep the paint good.
Is what i do, is use meguires paint cleaner, then i use tech wax. thats just me.
those power buffers, dude, if ya use them wrong then its all over, elbow grease is the best way i reakon.
FTR888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

haha i got a car cleaning kit too!

i got polyglaze (with the BA on the front )

anyways just clean it off after it dries.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #9
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Cut and polish takes a layer off your paint so it brings back the original colou, polish just shines it and proofs it after you wash it!!!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #10
PINKEA
just a little krazy

C'mon guys, read the instructions, polish only polishes, cutting compound cuts the paint back, I found Polyglaze glide on works really well on newer paintjobs, but you do need to use elbow grease the get that really shiny finish. But hey what do I now, I'm only a female car detailer :-) Only advise I have, make sure you wash it properly and shammy it get as much water of as you can, water & Polish don't mix and can cause smearing (water from under the mirrors and behind your trims dribbling down the panels)
PINKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #11
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
cranners, make sure you wash your car well first, then apply the polish using an applicator or soft terry towel (follow instructions on pack), then buff off by hand using a terry towel or MF cloth.

some polishes contain small amounts of abrasive (cleaning) material but you will fine to use it on your car.

Cheers
Pete
What Pete said is true. If your cars hasn't been looked after or if your car spends alot of time in the sun, a cut wouldn't hurt. If anything it will bring on a better shine.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best stuff I've used is 3M Imperial Cutting Compound on a rotary buffer with a yellow waffle pad.

Finish it off with a swirl remover with a black waffle pad (softer than yellow)

Finally hand wax with either Meguiar's Yellow Wax or Nu-Finish (you know "the once a year car polish" ;))
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote