Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
yahoo189

Default Car Respray (Cheap)

Hi. Does anyone know a cheap respray place? I really want to respray my car. Im more thnt happy to do the prep, but I can't find anybody that will give me a cheap job. I have a Falcon ED, Polynesian Green, looking at changing to Gunmetal Grey. <i live in sydney>

yahoo189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Don't do the prep.

If the paint work somehow gets screwed up and you go back to them they can just say 'well you did the prep' and you'd be stuck with a shitty spray job.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Yeah prep is about 75% of the job if not more .I would rather just spray cars myself but without doing prep myself I just don't feel that the job is going to turn out right .

If you were here in Perth I maybe able to help
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
yahoo189

Smile

ahah, thanks mate. I know what you mean. I feel scared that i may screw up the prep to. I just really like my car and in some ways want to have a hand in improving it. Thank you very much for your offer of help. Im still trying to figure out who's good at preparing cars so I can learn off them. We will see.
yahoo189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're serious about it just pay someone decent money (approx $4K) to do a decent job. A mate had his car resprayed here in Melb for $2K and believed it was a bargain until the car came back with dust particles in the clear coat, runs in the paint & sh*tloads of orange peel. When it comes to paint you get what you pay for..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
If you're serious about it just pay someone decent money (approx $4K) to do a decent job. A mate had his car resprayed here in Melb for $2K and believed it was a bargain until the car came back with dust particles in the clear coat, runs in the paint & sh*tloads of orange peel. When it comes to paint you get what you pay for..
That's an easy fix.

Cut and polish will bring it up brand new, pending Its got a decent coat of clear over it to cut in to.

How bad are the runs?

And the saying goes "You get what you pay for" Think about it.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
low-eb

nothin rong with runs and bit of dust in paint easy fix as edxr6t said
Old 18-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
gtp_vlbt1
Starter Motor

Default EA GT poser

i did my Gfs car up for her bday

took 1 week,

cost of aero kit 3k (full GT kit, i got rid of the gay spoiler and vents),

paint e.t.c 1k

look so far priceless, bad news the day i gave it to her, someone ran their key down the whole side, the colour is a special mix i called "backyard brew", its a Red with heaps of black tint and different pearls added, i had to respray the whole car again, then she hit a gutter, jumped it and went across an island and ripped the bar off, and smashed in the guards when it hit a pole :O, (cost of repair Two guards for $50, bumper reinforcement 10 bux) easy fix

enjoy

Last edited by gtp_vlbt1; 18-03-2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: missed picture
gtp_vlbt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
EDXR6T

$800 Special.

EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #10
bucko

Nothing wrong with doing your prep work yours self it just take some time.
Try some smaller paint shops to do the re-spray as bigger shop mainly do insurance jobs and will charge you more fro re-spray coz they have higher overhead costs.
I did my prep work myself and it was complete change colour from white to blueprint come out great till two weeks latter someone smacked right up my rear end now its in being done again i'll get her back in two weeks.
It cost me 3K tota (2pac paint).
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

hey mate i can help you out if you havnt already got it done, where abouts in sydney are you?
sorry took so long to see this thread
finnyman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Pat: special as in special school?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post