Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Default got some quotes on lowering, seems high...

PEDDERS $1200 (inc RAA discount)
- Comfort Gas Shocks
- Sports Ryder Coils
- Castor/Camber Kit + W/A

EP Performance $1400
- new monroe shocks, not sure which
- superlow springs
- Castor/Camber Kit + W/A

what do you guys think about that? i didnt expect it to go higher than $1100..

reckon i can get a better deal?

Old 07-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

For big workshops that sounds like normal (a fair rip off). But when you think about it, that's a pro job that includes EVERYTHING and you'd be doing it right the first time.

You could do it with the help of a mate, but I honestly don't see where you'd be saving a whole lot (maybe about 200 bucks max, but you won't get a proper warranty I don't think). Pedders would be the way to go out of the above.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
gozza

i purchased my springs and shocks for about 600
then 180 for the camber kits
a bit more for new bushes
then probly a few hundred for fitting...... it was part of a service and the service cost 1150 plus 600 for the gear
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah sounds about right, u gota take into consideration that fitting does take a bit, including the camber kit... id pay 1200 for it from pedders because pedders are pretty good

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #5
locknut

Each Pedder's franchise is individually managed, so I don't wanna bag em all, but I can't help but feel that I won't go back to any of em. When I needed CV's replaced on the Galant GSR, I first went in for the $14, 30 point check and the front KONI's were fine on the shock test, however the back one's were not good they said/showed on their job cards/discs. So I said to them it still handled great, just do the CV's and front end bushes.

They gave me a quote with and without the rear shocks, I said go with the first quote. The ИИИИ fitted rear shocks after me telling him not to, some nice bouncy comfort ryder gas.. I didn't WANT them! I think he did it as he knew I was applying for a c/card at the time to pay for it..

I would think that your second quote is a little high, and I would hope they're suggesting Monroe GT GAS. Get some more quotes! To me saving $100 is worth a couple of calls, let alone 3 more calls!
locknut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
XRated
Shoot.

I went to Pedders last week in Ferntree Gully and the guys there were great. Sure there are places that probably would've done it cheaper, but they did a good job and didn't try and add in other parts to make it more expensive. Looks like they were honest too, as the safety check didn't show much wrong and they didn't try to force me into anything - just said to keep on eye on a couple of small things (radius bushes, lower ball joints).

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
KEL96L

I got all parts minus camber kit from Pedders for $950.00 and then installed it at home. So extra for installation seems pretty good.
KEL96L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
MADED-6
MADED.6

I got my springs/shocks and camber caster kit for $600 and i recon do it urself its not that hard if u no the basics all springs and shocks out the back i would recon it would take bout 4 hours and the camber caster kit i havnt done yet but im sure its not that hard. so for the money i recon if u can do it urself otherwise yeah thats not a bad price. and by the way my price was with trade discount so i dont no how much it would be without it.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #9
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

did mine for $130 DYS job with second hand but brand new springs and shokers there not hard to do and i had two mates over to help but they didnt know ИИИИ and just sat there drinking beer took about 5 hours to do with the right tools, all you need is a spanner set, spring compressers, trolly jack and some stands and your right. to get the tools they cost around $20 for the compressers and $40 for the trolly jack and you get to keep the tool's after, and you can always borow off a mate some of the tools.
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #10
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

if EP are offering the Monroe GT shocks is it worth the extra 200?

when i had my last service they said the radius bushes to control arm were worn, what are they exactly? worth replacing when i get lowering done?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #11
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Have a look on ebay or in the sales yard you should be sure to find something alot cheaper in there!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #12
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

all but one of the SA Pedders stores are company owned...
having said that i would probably run the pedders gear.
depends on wich store you got the quote from too, i found that the guys at pedders modbury generally take more care in thier work and do a pretty good job.
as someone said it pays to ring around...
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #13
5L
[ 5L ]

theboss290 put me on a place at holden hill called WEB look it up in the paper, for new monroe gt gas shocks all round and superlow kingsprings the price came to like mid 800 im not sure if they put a camber hit in there or not though.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #14
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

cheers for that i'll check them out tomorrow. hehe i dont want it as low as boss290!