Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

Default anyone know how many pulses the factory ford speedo sender puts out?

hey all..

just adjustin the apexi now..

i have the apexi reading the right speed, but still the cluster is a big whack out...

nobody would happen to know how many pulses the EA speedo sender puts out?

cheers,

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry i dont know but i think there is a couple of different ones, like XD is different to XF i think, i wonder if it would be different in the right way to fix some speedo issues?
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

EA sender...

when i play with the settings on the RSM in pulses, it adjusts the main speedo, so even thought the RSM is right, i reckon i can get the main speedo pretty good too...

cheers anywayz,

santo

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
Old 22-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats good see it can adjust the ford speedo.

Good luck getting it right.
Old 22-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

I think the VSS is a 12 pulse. I asked about fixing my speedo error with gears before I bought the Jaycar kit and the guy said I have a 12 pulse in there now and I can change to an 8 pulse and catch the rest of the error with a gear. So I am assuming the 12 pulse is stock.

Cheers.
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

ugh.. 12 pulse eh?

settings i can have are 2, 4, 8, 16... etc... im on 8 at the moment.. and there is about a 20% error...

i'm gonna play tonight with what happens when i change.. if i halve the pulses and double the % correction, it should give me the same reading on the rsm but correct the sender?

any luck with the jaycar kit? i tried the first.. it didnt work, jaycar tested it said it was assembled fine... gave me another one and assembled it... still didnt work...

eventually i must have accidentally shorted the +12v to it and i fried the cluster and VSS..

thanks,

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
Old 22-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #7
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

If it only has 2, 4, 8, 16 setting for the VSS maybe get one of these instead? Maybe you can find a car that come out with them stock and get one cheap that way? If you have a manual you can even change the VSS and the gear to correct the speedo.

I got my Jaycar speedo corrector to work after a bit of playing around with it. Did you have it configured properly when you tried it? And did you cut the right white wire? There were two on the same connector on my car (NC2 Ghia)
How I did it can be seen here (post #21):

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...0&page=2&pp=15

Good Luck with it!
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post