Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
Henry4000
Keepin' it real

Unhappy [b]ef Xr6 Clutch Pedal Problem[/b]

: Got a problem which seems common to all my manual Falcons. My clutch pedal is coming away from the fire wall and twisting, this makes it rather hard to drive!
I had a bloke at work weld the pedal back but it really needs a permenant fix.
Theres bound to be someone reading who has encountered this, so, if thats you, please shower me with the solutions you have found.
And if you know of someone reputable in the wagga area who can fix the problem I'd be more than grateful. :

Henry4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

i had the same problem with my ef xr6 and i had to replace the whole mounting bracket assembly... i got a reinforced new one from a friendly ford dealer, pulled the whole dash apart and fitted it myself! wasnt to hard just gotta be careful with the airbag!
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
cobaltEF
GXL078

Angry clutch pedal causes alcohol problems

: my clutch pedal has given me a drinking problem.over the years ive replaced the clutch,the whole pedal box,cable,stupid rubber thing on the end twice,got a block of wood where the firewall flexes.I would like to slap the engineer who decided to tack the clutch pedal on the outside of the pedal box and use a cable.Ford reckons you need to replace the clutch every few years before it puts too much strain on the pedal.My next step is to drill a hole through each guard and pass apiece of 4 by 2 through to stop the firewall flexing.I want my XA with hydraulic clutch back.Pete.
cobaltEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #4
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Ive had both 2 mate... Was apparently that common that ford even had a bracing plate made with its own lucky part #.
My fix was to get the firewall migged and the pivot reinforced with a washer either side .. no dramas so far..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
Henry4000
Keepin' it real

cheers blokes, time to get serious with some heavy metal inserts!
I agree on finding that engineer and asking what on earth they were thinking with the clutch design, biggest let down on what is otherwise a wonderful vehicle.
Henry4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post