Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Angry Thank you AWC for stealing my pics!

Thank you to AWC for copyrighting my car images for their / or whoever is connected to them for their ebay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-AU-XR8-X...QQcmdZViewItem

Did you get my permission? NO. Thank you for not asking me and taking it upon yourselves to steal and put your name on them. My contact details are on the aufalcon.com website to ask me. Take them down now or I will take it further!

If this thread is deemed inappropriate, then I apologize, I am very angry about this. If anyone knows about copyright issues and where I stand, your comments are appreciated!

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those images are off the AWC web site, but the auction is not AWC's. Seems AWC stole your images, then the auctioneer stole them from AWC's website.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
Those images are off the AWC web site, but the auction is not AWC's. Seems AWC stole your images, then the auctioneer stole them from AWC's website.
yeah, that's what I had thought.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #4
Kryton

contact ebay and explain. they will remove the auction.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
mrgo40rd

the picture does not show your number plate so good luck proving its your car im not being smart thats what there reply will be good luck

Member of 'Falcon Tickford FPV Club of NSW'
www.ftf.org.au
Nolathane, Whiteline and Whiteline PLUS enhanced
car care products 1300 006 007 (keep it looking clean)
Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Bah

Whats the big deal?

Once an image is posted on the web, it would be nice to retain ownership, but it is not the case.

I have had my TS50 used by several mags since images where posted online, thats just a fact of life, no need to for all this.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #7
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgo40rd
the picture does not show your number plate so good luck proving its your car im not being smart thats what there reply will be good luck
Its definatly her car mate, she has the pics, and can definatly tell from the partially blanked out plate which she done in photoshop, they didnt even modify it themselves, lol, straight out copied.

http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?act=item&i=80
Old 12-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Bah

Whats the big deal?

Once an image is posted on the web, it would be nice to retain ownership, but it is not the case.

I have had my TS50 used by several mags since images where posted online, thats just a fact of life, no need to for all this.
Agreed, but they could have asked..

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Old 12-03-2007, 01:32 AM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

AWC don't sell on ebay, FibreSports is the company that now look after all AWC products.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 12-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #10
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Just wanting to clarify who you are annoyed at...

(a) AWC for using them for their website and sticking their logo on the image
or
(b) the person (it doesn't seem to be AWC) who is using them to sell an item

Do you remember where you posted them in the first place that AWC would have taken them from? I can see where you are coming from, you want to be in control of the use of a picture of your car, but once they are on the net and without your own copyright stamp on them, they are pretty much able to be freely used.

Contact eBay, as said previously, and explain that you don't want your vehicle used to sell parts. Suggest the sale might be dodgy because they cannot produce a picture of the actual item being sold, but a representation of the product on another vehicle.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #11
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
Just wanting to clarify who you are annoyed at...

(a) AWC for using them for their website and sticking their logo on the image
or
(b) the person (it doesn't seem to be AWC) who is using them to sell an item

Do you remember where you posted them in the first place that AWC would have taken them from? I can see where you are coming from, you want to be in control of the use of a picture of your car, but once they are on the net and without your own copyright stamp on them, they are pretty much able to be freely used.

Contact eBay, as said previously, and explain that you don't want your vehicle used to sell parts. Suggest the sale might be dodgy because they cannot produce a picture of the actual item being sold, but a representation of the product on another vehicle.
It's already been said who and where.. Ebay have been contacted.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Old 12-03-2007, 01:39 AM   #12
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic

Its not XR8GRL's car any more only the picture is, I hope I have this correct.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 12-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
AWC don't sell on ebay, FibreSports is the company that now look after all AWC products.
Yeah Phil said, but I saw AWC in the sponsor section, figured they might have a read.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Old 12-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #14
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Its not XR8GRL's car any more only the picture is, I hope I have this correct.
yep, that is correct.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 AM   #15
mrgo40rd

Smile i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Its definatly her car mate, she has the pics, and can definatly tell from the partially blanked out plate which she done in photoshop, they didnt even modify it themselves, lol, straight out copied.

http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?act=item&i=80
hey i dont diagree with you but im saying its could be hard to prove if it was me i would be happy for people to use my car i think its a complement to have your car used in photos i still have old mags hot fours with pictures of my old lancer in it i think its great (but thats just my opinion)

Member of 'Falcon Tickford FPV Club of NSW'
www.ftf.org.au
Nolathane, Whiteline and Whiteline PLUS enhanced
car care products 1300 006 007 (keep it looking clean)
Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #16
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice car,I love the silver ones.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #17
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Oh ok, just realised you have a ute...

I'm pretty sure that even thought you don't have your own copyright stamp on the picture as long as you can prove you took the original photo you own the intellectual property rights. I can look up the specific provisions tomorrow if you want and pm them to you?

So you are quite entitled to ask for them to be removed. However, once a pic is on the net, without a copyright stamp it is generally accepted that it can be used for whatever someone likes. It doesn't look great for the person who uses it though, if they are using other's images (without permission), adding their own logo and trying to sell a product.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #18
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

If the images were taken from aufalcon.com then they are copyrighted to the owner of the image and cannot be reproduced without consent.

This is on the first page of aufalcon.com:
Quote:
Ford Motor Company, or any company owned by the Ford Motor Company, in no way endorses or is affiliated with aufalcon.com. Ford, Falcon, Tickford, XR6, XR8, the Ford logo and oval are all registered trademarks of the Ford Motor Company and/or Ford Performance Vehicles. All photos, logos, images and video footage remain the trade marks and copyright of the respective owners.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 AM   #19
XR8GRL