Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
My AU

Question AUII Forte running rough after 120K service

Hi all

We had an issue with the battery light intermittently coming on for a couple of seconds then going out, so we decided to put it in for the 120k service. The battery light issue seems to be fixed (on their advice I put in a new battery) but it would seem now the engine (when idling) comes close to stalling when a load is placed on it such as the A/C or power steering. This didn't happen prior to the 120k service, so I am wondering what has gone wrong or if someone has tweaked something. I though maybe the computer needed to reset so after reconnecting the battery I took it for a run on the highway -but nothing has changed. It's like the idle speed has been set too low or something. Vehicle has travelled 119000 km.

I'd really appreciate any opinions on this one.
kind regards
Blake

My AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You've done this? - http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/inde...f=techdocs/ECU
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
My AU

Hi Chamelion

Thank you for responding. I'll try it and let you know

Blake
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
My AU

Howdy Chamelion

Followed the procedure to a tee, but no effect on the problem...
Thanks anyway for the suggestion

Blake
Old 09-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
My AU

*Bump*

Bit of a tricky one hey?

Look forward to hearing any suggestions
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try cleaning out the isc, it's the cylinder shaped thing on top of the motor wit a wire coming out of it. pull it off and spray some carby cleaner in it, but make sure it's dry before you put it back on, if you can spray it out with compressed air.

the battery light issue may also have been caused by a dying alternator. have you ever had a power steering leak? if the alternator is on it's way out it can cause similar issues because the car is basically using the battery power instead of what the alternator normally produces...anyway, good luck with it
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
My AU

Hi Bodes-sh

I am going to make the dealer fix this. You are spot on the money as they did place an order for a power steering hose..Looks like it might need a new alternator if that's the case.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 14-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
My AU

Update

bodes-sh you are spot on, they cleaned the iac and now its running perfectly. The alternator has turned out fine but the power steering hose was needing replacement.

Welsch plug is leaking, getting fixed next week.

Thanks everyone for your input
cheers
Blake